Software Developer in Test
Montreal, Quebec, Canada - R&D
Wwise is a large scale application providing interactive audio tools to sound designers and audio programmers around the world. This audio middleware is developed by Audiokinetic.
As part of the QA department, the Software Developer in Test works with the Product Development teams in ongoing testing of all software products (Wwise software, Wwise plug-ins, Online certification courses, documentation). As the first user of new Wwise features, they will validate the ability for a user to integrate these into their game engine. Whenever possible, they develop automated integration tests to improve reproducing problems and decrease software testing time.
We are looking for a highly organized, detail & quality oriented developer, who seeks answers and likes to tinker and find out how things really work. The ideal candidate has an understanding of how game engines are made and has an interest in audio technologies.
Role and Responsibilities
- Working with Wwise development teams to analyze and test new features, investigate and resolve customer-reported problems and provide interim testing support for experimental software.
- Creating or updating test plans and test cases based on new tools features, customer requirements or identified problems.
- Developing and optimizing automated test cases with continuous improvements in coverage and efficiency
- Ensure product stability across multiple platforms
- Work closely with the Software developers and testers in order to determine the best strategies toward improving the quality of the product
- Suggest new ways to enhance usability of Wwise SDK, game integration or WAAPI
- University degree in computer science, engineering (or equivalent)
- Minimum 3 years in software development
- Experience in developing automated tests
- Experience working with SDKs and APIs
- Good knowledge of a game engine architecture
- Good C++ programming skills
- Good knowledge of one or more scripting languages (ex: Lua, Perl, Python, Bash...)
- Knowledge of bug tracking software (example Jira or Bugzilla)
- Experience with Windows and OS X
- Knowledge of Visual Studio and XCode