Project Manager & Scrum Master
Montreal, Quebec, Canada - R&D
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager & Scrum Master to manage the Wwise Core development team and to lead cross-team software development projects such as expanding the Audiokinetic Certification Program and building an Audiokinetic Online Sharing Site and Store. Using Agile or Lean methodologies, the project manager is expected to conduct project planning, act as the scrum master for the project(s), monitor execution, help unblock developers. The project manager should ensure proper visibility to the organization on deviations or changes to goals or budgets.
Here is an overview of the role and responsibilities:
- Regular backlog grooming, sprint planning and retrospectives with the development team
- Manage a team of software developers and customer support team (establish OKRs and metrics, people management)
- Coordinate internal resources and external contractors for the flawless execution of special projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- AGILE PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- In-depth knowledge of agile project management tool such as JIRA
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Agile or Lean training is essential
- GREAT UNDERSTANDING OF SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT CYCLE
- Solid technical background, with hands-on experience in C++ software development
- Educational background in computer science, computer or electrical engineering
- Proven working experience as a scrum master or project manager in a software development company
- FLEXIBLE & AGILE - ability to adapt quickly and be effective in new situations and highly dynamic environment.
- RELATIONSHIP BUILDER
- able to effectively and quickly build relationships and establish trust, respect, competence and confidence.
- proven experience managing a software development team
- RESULTS ORIENTED - possess passion, energy, and enthusiasm to drive results.
- CHANGE MANAGEMENT – excellent skills in change management, i.e., comfortable with ambiguity and constant change, yet able to set priorities and execute on commitments.
- SELF-STARTER - who is able to identify and solve problems; a start-up mentality.
- PRESENTATION, COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- Ability to prepare/present robust product plan / analysis / recommendations to leadership team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and French
- CINEMATICS OR AUDIO (BONUS) - a passion for audio, and its world, demonstrated by experience in the industry.