Audiokinetic Releases Wwise 2009.3 and Announces New Pricing
Game developers to benefit from new features at an unbeatable new price.
Montreal, Canada – November 25, 2009
Wwise 2009.3 includes the following new features and enhancements:
- McDSP effects: ML1 and FutzBox
- Peak meters on limiter effects
- Vorbis: major memory optimizations
- New & improved file packager
- Profiler data statistics
Audiokinetic and McDSP had announced a technological partnership a few months ago, and the ML1 and FutzBox plug-ins are the first results of this collaboration.
Audiokinetic also gave a sneak-peek of its roadmap for Wwise for 2010, and revealed that new features will include a convolution reverb. “We’re pursuing our goal to see Wwise become a comprehensive platform for sound design, while answering our customers’ needs,” said Simon Ashby, VP Product Strategy, Audiokinetic. “Our users asked for more high-quality effects and a convolution reverb, so we’re delivering these, and more.”
In parallel, Audiokinetic revealed a new pricing structure based on a “buy more – pay less” approach. The pricing structure allows game developers to qualify for discounts if they purchase several products developed by Audiokinetic.
• Purchase of 2 products grants a 5% discount;
• Purchase of the Power Pack – the combination of Wwise, Wwise Motion, SoundSeed Impact, SoundSeed Air, the 2 McDSP effects and the upcoming convolution reverb – grants a 20% discount.
“Our products are powerful yet affordable, and this new pricing structure offers a great value for money,” said Geneviève Laberge, VP Sales, Audiokinetic. “For example, purchasing the Power Pack for 1 title on 2 platforms now costs $33K – that’s an economy of $8,250 compared to the individual price of these 6 valuable products.”
Details of the new features in Wwise 2009.3 and of the new pricing are available on Audiokinetic’s web site.
Audiokinetic provides powerful and flexible audio solutions for the video game industry. Wwise, our award winning, audio pipeline solution, is setting new standards in audio production. This cost-efficient middleware increases productivity and simplifies the development process, giving game developers the flexibility, toolsets, and workflow necessary to dramatically advance the gaming experience.
Audiokinetic is headquartered in Montreal, QC, Canada.
– Audiokinetic Inc., the leading audio solution provider for the video game industry, released today the latest version of Wwise, its award-winning audio pipeline solution. Wwise 2009.3 introduces new features and enhancements, including access to two McDSP plug-ins. Audiokinetic also unveiled a new pricing structure that will allow customers to save up to 20% on purchase of the company’s product families.