Wwise 2014.1 Now Available
The largest release since the initial launch of Wwise back in 2006
Montréal, Canada – October 1, 2014 – Audiokinetic Inc., the leading global provider of cross-platform audio solutions for the interactive media and gaming industries, today announced the latest version of Wwise.
“We’ve been working a full year on this release and it’s certainly the most impressive new set of features added since the original launch of Wwise” said Simon Ashby, VP Products. “This release has been focused on expanding Wwise as a creative sound design tool. Composers and sound designers will find many new ways to express their craft and deliver more interactive and innovative content”.
New features and enhancements to Wwise 2014.1 include:
- MIDI support for interactive music and virtual instruments (Sampler and Synth).
- Wwise Synth One source plug-in to design musical instruments, UI, and ambient sounds.
- Envelope, LFO and MIDI CC modulators to control RTPCable sound properties.
- High Pass Filter alongside every LPF.
- New attenuation property: Focus.
- Mixer plug-in framework.
- New plug-in technology partners (Auro3D by Auro Technologies & IOSONO by Barco NV)
- Control surface support (Mackie and MIDI protocols).
- Game parameter interpolation.
- Built-in game parameters such as distance, azimuth, elevation, object-to-listener angle, occlusion and obstruction.
- Wwise can now output up to 255 channels
- Many enhancements to Unity and UE4 integrations.
- And much more…
Audiokinetic sets new standards in audio production for interactive media and games. The company’s middleware solutions, including the award-winning Wwise® and SoundSeed®, empower sound designers and audio programmers with a cost effective, comprehensive authoring tool and audio engine for creating innovative game experiences. Audiokinetic is headquartered in Montréal, QC, Canada and has an office in Tokyo, Japan.
Wwise® is the most comprehensive audio middleware solution. It features an optimized run-time sound engine and an audio authoring application for creating and managing interactive audio content. Working with Wwise increases productivity and creativity while saving game developers time and money across the audio production of any game title.
Audiokinetic press contact: