Wwise 2015.1 Now Available
A release focused on optimizations and workflow improvements
Montréal, Canada – July 16th, 2015 – Audiokinetic Inc., the leading global provider of cross-platform audio solutions for the interactive media and gaming industries, today announced the latest version of Wwise.
“After shipping 2014.1, one of our largest releases ever, we focused the development of 2015.1 on runtime performance optimizations and Wwise authoring workflow improvements” said Simon Ashby, VP Products. “The integration with Steinberg®’s Nuendo® 7 continues our commitment to expand the audio production workflow, by partnering with a great industry leader”.
New features and enhancements to Wwise 2015.1 include:
- New Features:
- Integration with Steinberg Nuendo 7
- Multiple customizable platforms per target SDK
- New event actions: “Post Event” and “Reset Playlist”
- Background User Music management
- SoundFrame additions
- Performance Optimizations:
- More flexibility in Conversion Settings
- Streaming optimizations via the pin to cache functionality
- CPU optimizations for RTPC
- Significant Vorbis CPU performance improvement on most platforms
- Wwise Authoring Workflow Improvements:
- Events and target objects are now viewable in the Advanced Profiler
- RTPC Tab: Watched game objects now display cursors in the RTPC graph view
- Incremental SoundBank generation for faster build times
- Content filtering in certain views
- Batch renaming capabilities
- Searchable online documentation at audiokinetic.com
Audiokinetic sets new standards in audio production for interactive media and games. The company’s middleware solutions, including the award-winning Wwise® and SoundSeed®, empower sound designers and audio programmers with a cost effective, comprehensive authoring tool and audio engine for creating innovative game experiences. Audiokinetic is headquartered in Montréal, QC, Canada and has an office in Tokyo, Japan.
Wwise® is the most comprehensive audio middleware solution. It features an optimized runtime sound engine and an audio authoring application for creating and managing interactive audio content. Working with Wwise increases productivity and creativity while saving game developers time and money across the audio production of any game title.
Audiokinetic press contact: