Wwise Up On Air - Hands On | Creating a Plug-In for Wwise Part 1: Environment Setup & First Plug-In
Join us this month on Wwise Up On Air as we go hands-on to create a Wwise Plug-In from scratch while talking through Plug-in components, establishing the programming environment, and beginning from the provided Wwise Plug-In template.
Be sure to check out Part 2 | Creating a UI and Monitoring Data: https://youtu.be/dYy7r8vljz0
* Creating the Authoring Plugin Part: https://hubs.ly/H0vpVZ60
* Creating the Sound Engine Plugin Part: https://hubs.ly/H0vpV-l0
* Prerequisites to working with plugins: https://hubs.ly/H0vpVKw0
* Wwise plugin ADC presentation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOZPi...
* Custom XML Property Descriptions (Like "DataMeaning"): https://hubs.ly/H0vsdgg0
* More on AK_DBTOLIN: https://hubs.ly/H0vslHX0
* Simple 3D Plugin: https://www.platinumgames.com/officia...
* Simplified plugin pipeline: https://blog.audiokinetic.com/a-simpl...
* Sam Mackie's Wwise Plugin Github: https://github.com/sgmackie/Wwise_Plu...
* Quantum Break Wwise Plugin: https://audiomediainternational.com/2...
* Get Visual Studio: https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/
* Get Python: https://www.python.org/downloads/
Want to find more examples of Wwise plugins?
- Go to your "Wwise installation"/SDK/samples/Plugins folder.
What solution to open with Visual Studio:
vc140 - Visual Studio 2015
vs150 - Visual Studio 2017
vs160 - Visual Studio 2019
00:00 Waiting to go live...
09:54 Presentation of Guests
22:56 Overview of steps
24:05 Plug-in Pipeline as Audio Nodes
31:00 Plug-in Pipeline Overview
37:45 Installing Wwise
44:45 Using the Development Tools
51:16 The wp.py File
52:25 Creating a New Plugin
1:02:25 Creating a Solution / Premake
1:13:24 Overview of Solution
1:18:25 Properties of the Plugin
1:21:32 What is a CPP and H file?
1:33:00 Execute Function
1:44:42 Creating the DSP code
1:56:31 Testing the Plugin
2:02:59 One Minute Wwise
2:07:22 Guest appearance (Megan & Joshua)