Prepare or un-prepare events synchronously.
The events are identified by strings, and converted to IDs internally (refer to General Information for a discussion on using strings and IDs). The event definitions must already exist in the sound engine by having explicitly loaded the bank(s) that contain them (with LoadBank()). A request is posted to the Bank Manager consumer thread. It will resolve all dependencies needed to successfully post the events specified, and load the required banks, if applicable. The function returns when the request is completely processed.
- AK_Success: Prepare/un-prepare successful.
- AK_IDNotFound: At least one of the event/game sync identifiers passed to PrepareEvent() does not exist.
- AK_InsufficientMemory: Insufficient memory to store bank data.
- AK_BankReadError: I/O error.
- AK_WrongBankVersion: Invalid bank version: make sure the version of Wwise that you used to generate the SoundBanks matches that of the SDK you are currently using.
- AK_InvalidFile: File specified could not be opened.
- AK_InvalidParameter: Invalid parameter, invalid memory alignment.
- AK_Fail: Load or unload failed for any other reason. (Most likely small allocation failure)
- See also:
||Preparation type ( Preparation_Load or Preparation_Unload )
||Array of event names
||Number of events in the array