Wwise SDK 2018.1.11
Changes that were also provided in patches over 2008.2.1 are shown in italics.
- WG-7665: Fixed some functions in the SDK to add the keyword "const" when required (Multiple places).
- WG-9014: Sony SDK: Wwise is now using Jobs 2.0.
- WG-11113: SoundbanksInfo.xml now contains information about Dialogue Events.
- WG-10363: Source control plug-ins now need an additional parameter for the Init function of the plug-in "in_bAutoAccept". See AK::Wwise::ISourceControl::Init() for more information.
- WG-11681: Sony SDK: Now compiling Wwise using SDK 240.001.
- WG-11683: Microsoft XDK: Now compiling Wwise using June 2008 version (7645).
- WG-9280: Optional notifications can be generated on the beat of the music. (統合の詳細 - ミュージックコールバック).
- WG-9372: SB Command Line: You can now specify which bank will be generated from the command line.
WG-10196: Environments can now be "positioned" using per-speaker volumes defined in the SDK. This feature is not available on Wii.
- see AK::SoundEngine::SetEnvironmentVolumes()
- WG-10363: SoundBank: An "Import definition file" option is now available from the command line. コマンドラインを使う 参照してください。
- WG-10365: SoundBank: A Pre-SoundBank Generation Step is now available (command line application). コマンドラインを使う 参照してください。
WG-10366: SDK: Game Objects can now have multiple positions.
- Allows you to create area sounds, PA systems, multi-directional sounds and multi-sources. soundengine_3dpositions_multipleposを参照してください。
- WG-10367: SDK: Native Support of 64 bit processors.
WG-10369: SDK: "Attenuation Scaling Factor" is now available for game objects.
- Allows you to modify the attenuation radius on a per object basis.
- see AK::SoundEngine::SetAttenuationScalingFactor()
- WG-10379: SDK: Now possibe to query MaxDistance on Game Objects.
WG-10644: Volume threshold can now be modified from the SDK.
- Now possible to modify the volume threshold in-game. You can raise the threshold in situations where too many sounds are being played simultaneously. This value no longer has to be a fixed value for the entire project.
- see AK::SoundEngine::SetVolumeThreshold()
- WG-10645: Instance limit on the Advanced Settings tab of the Property Editor can now be controlled using RTPCs.
- WG-10648: Now possible to stop pause and resume sounds using only the event containing one or many play actions. This is a workaround to avoid having to create events especially for these. It is also possible to specify fade out times programmatically.
- WG-10652: Now possible to query whether Game Objects are active or not (game objects that play sounds currently) in order to limit processing on the game side. Warning: This only works for sounds that are currently playing. The initial position of the game object must be defined before this can work.
- WG-10777: Priority option on the Advanced Settings tab of the Property Editor can now be controlled using RTPCs.
- WG-11270: Game sync exclusion keywords can now be used in a SoundBank definition file. コマンドラインを使う 参照してください。
- WG-11284: Motion support is now available as part of the Integration Demo.
WG-11219: A scaling factor can now be applied to the listener using the SDK.
- Now possible to modify the attenuation radius per listener.
- see AK::SoundEngine::SetListenerScalingFactor()
- WG-11613: Performance enhancement: Fixed issue when opening conversion settings on very large projects.
- WG-11246: Enable optimizations of DSP codepaths in debug build on all platforms
- The following were also included in patches provided after 2008.2.1
- WG-11744: Reduce memory consumption of effect slots
- WG-8823: Preparing events fails if Wwise is connected before the bank structural content is loaded.
- WG-10376: Generating a SoundBank without "Use SoundBank names" generates a Content File with the SoundBank name instead of the SoundBank ID.
WG-10800: Generating soundbanks from command line | Fix return code.
- Now more consistent, will return non-zero when an error is encountered. Errors are logged in files.
- WG-10876: GetSourcePlayPosition with multiple sources not work when the longest sound is the first one.
- WG-10921: Fixed possible memory overwrite when monitoring game objects with very long names.
- WG-11088: Wii: ASSERT(AkMusicNode.cpp at line 205: Parent) on change Switch when connected to Wwise.
- WG-11098: Crash dump dialog should not show up in commandline scenario.
- WG-11165: Make the callback AK_EndOfDynamicSequenceItem to be triggered for every item in the queue even those who will not play.
- WG-11230: Callbacks from Wwise were holding unnecessary lock, causing possible deadlock.
- WG-11273: Excluding one of duplicate media entries causes irrelevant warning to appear.
- WG-11283: ASSERT (objectreferencemgr.cpp) when generating SoundBanks on a drive with limited space.
- WG-11375: Removed some compiler warnings on PS3.
- WG-11586: PS3: Sound Engine SPURS instance need prefixes for identification in debugger.
- WG-11588: Fixed vorbis decoder stack size problem on PS3.
- WG-11753: Wii | ASSERT in SrcBankPCM (line 383) when sample-accurate stopping while sample-accurate starting.
- WG-11783: Improper handling of NULL pointer returned by GetActiveChain() in some places in the Interactive Music engine.
- WG-11781: Multi-channel sounds randomly glitching when used in interactive music.
- WG-11782: Crash in out of memory condition in Interactive Music engine.
- The following were also included in patches provided after 2008.2.1
- WG-11248: I/O block constraint not handled in streamed Vorbis source, on the PS3. Applies whenever AK::IAkLowLevelIO::GetBlockSize() returns a value greater than 1. Results in a crash.
- WG-11250: Unsafe memory allocation in Vorbis decoder (all platforms).
- WG-11251: I/O block constraint not handled in streamed ADPCM source, on the PS3. Applies whenever AK::IAkLowLevelIO::GetBlockSize() returns a value greater than 1. Results in noise (inconsistent decoder values).
- WG-11271: Memory corruption in streamed ADPCM sources on the PS3 with multi-channel files (more than 2 channels).
- WG-11275: Possible ASSERT and file marker leak when starting playback in the middle of a Vorbis file (Windows, Xbox 360, Playstation 3). This scenario can occur with interactive music.
- WG-11276: Assert and crash in interactive music when playing a music switch container for more than 12.4 hours without changing state/switch.
- WG-11280: Zero latency streamed sources may stop before the end if they have a looping region that is entirely contained within the prefetched data (all sources).
- WG-11297: Source plugins may crash when starting virtual "FromElapsedTime" (Wii only).
- WG-11298: Assert when playing very short (<10 ms) source plugins (Wii only).
- WG-11299: Assert in CAkMusicTrack::AddPlaylistItem. This assert is related to music tracks' properties, and may occur when playing it from Wwise or loading it from a bank. The properties may become invalid due to authoring of the audio clips contained in the music track (generally when the beginning of the clip is trimmed by a large value).
- WG-11309: Assert in CAkLEngine::ProcessCommands(): WasPaused() (Wii only).
- WG-11329: Assert in AkResamplerXBox360.cpp when playing multiple 5.1 streams with pitch resampling with DVD emulation on XBox360, until there is source starvation.
- WG-11330: Crash when looping a 5.1 streamed file requiring upsample (low sample rate or low pitch) on the Xbox 360.
- WG-11374: Crash when playing streamed files and source starvation occurs in sample-accurate containers.
- WG-11383: Non-deterministic generation of .bnk files containing interactive music content. Banks were valid, but some padding was filled using random memory.
- WG-11581: (Default stream manager implementation) Situation with specific memory settings where 2 streams request each other's buffer, resulting in sub-optimal I/O bandwidth usage (and CPU usage, when I/O is fast).
- WG-11582: Possible memory corruption / crash when using Step Random or Step Sequence groups in music playlists.
- WG-11587: Sporadic out of memory error when generating soundbanks for any platform (except Windows).
- WG-11622: Some specific vorbis files stop playing and report source starvation.
- WG-11633: Possible assert in Wii Vorbis sources when started sample-accurately (inside containers with sample-accurate transitions, or interactive music). Wii only.
- WG-11649: PS3: Buffer Overrun in Vorbis codec in some cases.
- WG-11677: Crash in low memory condition when using filters.
- WG-11406: Possible bad data alignment on converted Wii ADPCM files.
- WG-11227: Non-streamed files copied in "Copy Streamed Files" post-generation step in some cases.