Wwise SDK 2018.1.11
The following sections list and describe the changes made to Wwise between version 2011.1.2 and version 2011.2.
- WG-18128 Added Visual Studio 2010 Sound Engine configuration for Windows.
- Xbox 360: updated to XDK 20764 (June 2011).
- WG-19397 When using the default Stream Manager, the language name used for localized sounds is now set using AK::StreamMgr::SetCurrentLanguage(), instead of setting a directory name on all low-level I/O devices. Note that the directory separator ("/" or "\") must not be appended to the language name anymore. See AK::StreamMgr::SetCurrentLanguage() for more details.
- WG-18044 Now possible to specify a target playing ID to PostEvent() and ExecuteActionOnEvent(), allowing to stop a specific instance using a stop event parametrized in Wwise authoring tool.
- WG-18044 Now possible to specify the parameter AkActionOnEventType_Break to the function ExecuteActionOnEvent().
- WG-19208 Audio File Importer Enhancements: Now can import folders, and use templates for importation.
- WG-14665 Different lists in Wwise now remember the column sizes between user sessions.
- WG-17600 Binary data is now supported in WAV marker labels (i.e. including NULL characters).
- WG-17676 Wwise Motion now supports rumble on the PS3 Move.
- WG-17721 New Effect: Harmonizer. Supports pitch shift of multiple voiced without affecting the signal duration.
- WG-18629 New Effect: Stereo Delay.
- WG-18633 New Effect: Pitch Shifter plug-in to create a mix of multiple pitched voices without time scaling.
- WG-17713 New Effect: Time Stretch.
- WG-18761 States groups inside the Mixing Desk remain sorted and aligned. State groups are now sorted in State tab of Property Editor.
- WG-18788 Integration Demo for Mac is now available.
- WG-18909 Multi-editor now remembers the expanded section across sessions.
- WG-18985 New shortcut key to Edit in an External Editor available from all views (Ctrl+E).
- WG-19083 Holding the Ctrl key while clicking Solo will remove all other solo currently in place and will solo the currently selected objects.
- WG-19105 Originals and cache folders can now be relative to Project folder.
- WG-19208 Now possible to import folders in Wwise and automatically create Containers for every folder.
- WG-19225 Now possible to specify a list of soundbanks when generating packages with the File Packager to only generate the package associated with the specified soundbanks.
- WG-19237 Wwise to 3DS Profiler connection is now performed using 3DS Serial IO system instead of the WiFi system.
- WG-19326 The Content Editor now shows the number of children for the current object.
- WG-19330 New shortcuts are now enumerated inside context menu. For example, press Ctrl+Shift+1 to do find in project explorer.
- WG-19344 Content Editor remembers splitter position in for Blend Container, Switch Container and Playlist Containers.
- WG-19066 Improved streaming latency as well as workflow for sounds that are streamed from RSX (PS3).
- WG-19457 The File Packager now shows the package header and content size.
- WG-19040 The File Packager now supports external sources. External Sources can be manually or automatically assigned to packages.
- WG-19393 CAkFilePackageLowLevelIO now uses the Wwise Stream Manager API to read file packages instead of reading from disk directly.
- WG-19404 PS3 controller rumble is slightly stronger to match the XBox controller results.
- WG-18924 Fixed: FutzBox potential denormal performance problem (drastic CPU increase when effect runs with silenced input).
- WG-19077 Optimization: Calling PrepareEvent and PrepareGameSync functions will now be causing less seeking on disk as they now order all the media to be loaded by file ID and file offset before proceeding to the I/O. There is now a real advantage to pack all the events to prepare in a single PrepareEvent or PrepareGameSync instead of calling it for each event or gamesync independently.
- WG-19423 Improved performance of virtual voices on 3DS and Wii.
- WG-19004 Updated Vorbis encoder to aoTuV beta 6.03.
- WG-19200 Removed the WwiseMax 3ds Max / SoundFrame sample plug-in.
- WG-19360 Fixed: Loading banks containing very large amount of children under a single container could hang the AudioThread for some time, causing voice starvation.
- WG-19400 Fixed: Argument AkFileDesc & out_fileDesc of AK::StreamMgr::IAkFileLocationResolver::Open() does not have the same address as when it is passed to other functions of the Low-Level I/O interfaces.
- WG-19429 Fixed: Crash when changing the delay time of a Flanger plug-in while connected to a game (PS3 only).
- WG-19449 Fixed: LPF and LFE curves set in attenuation editor do not work if spatialization is disabled.
- WG-19455 Fixed: Memory corruption when a soundbank, loaded into an user-supplied memory pool created with the AkFixedBlockSize attribute, has a media section that is larger than the pool's block size. They should fail gracefully.
- WG-19460 Fixed: Crash in CAkDeviceBase when terminating a "blocking" streaming device while there are still streams open.
- WG-19464 Fixed: small audio glitch when LPF parameter changes to and from 0.
- WG-19483 Fixed: (Xbox 360) Bad throughput heuristic set on xWMA streams. Results in inconsistent xWMA stream profiling data, and suboptimal I/O scheduling when there are xWMA files playing.
- WG-19503 Fixed: Possible click while stopping continuous containers with sample-accurate transitions on the Wii.
- WG-19505 Fixed: A maximum of 256 non-virtual voices can be playing at the same time.
- WG-19515 Fixed: Crash in game when connecting with Wwise and syncing interactive music hierarchy with specific memory conditions.
- WG-19580 Fixed: Source starvation with streamed XMA in interactive music, if seeking is required when a segment starts.
- WG-19597 Fixed: (3DS only) Possible crash when Source plug-in are going virtual from elapsed time.
- WG-19626 Fixed: Possible crash when connecting to the game in low memory situations.
- WG-19700 Fixed: AKASSERT( !IsActivityChunkEnabled() ); when unloading a bank with a Switch Container in Continuous Mode.
- WG-19701 Fixed: Streamed sounds within same event are not guaranteed to be synchronized.
- WG-19721 Fixed: GetSourcePlayPosition() returns undertermined values when more than one sound is played from within the same event.
- WG-19724 Fixed: GetSourcePlayPosition() returns invalid values after going virtual if started physical, or going physical if started virtual.
- WG-18570 Fixed: Blend containers using RTPC on layers were not using the common global default RTPC value if the RTPC was not explicitely given to the engine.
- WG-18748 Fixed: Files may not be re-converted when "Insert filename marker" changes on the conversion settings and working on several platforms.
- WG-18868 Fixed: Wwise at command line does not handle correctly project paths beginning with a backslash.
- WG-18914 Fixed: Folder and Work Unit are missing from the object types in the Query editor.
- WG-19039 Fixed: Now possible to restore None as the Default Switch of a Switch Container.
- WG-19065 Fixed: GameObject View was not displaying unnamed registered objects registered before the connection.
- WG-19112 Fixed: Advanced profiler sometimes shows prepared soundbank as loaded in wrong memory pool.
- WG-19220 Fixed: Wwise memory consumption increases over time when profiler capture stops at maximum memory usage.
- WG-19256 Fixed: Invalid soundbank names in Soundbank Definition Files now generates an error or warning based on project preference.
- WG-19294 Fixed: Wav file containing bad RIFF data size in header could hang Wwise in certain situations.
- WG-19394 Fixed: Wwise Authoring can crash if an event requires more than 16MB.
- WG-19395 Fixed: Custom instance of Copied sharesets of Meter plug-in do not get their Game Parameter reference copied.
- WG-19452 Fixed: Some wav files can't load in the waveform view and fail to use the Automatic Sample Detection.
- WG-19521 Fixed: Possible crash in the Profiler Stat View with empty events.
- WG-19703 Fixed: The Query Criteria "Platform inclusion" does not consider the ancestor inclusions.