Wwise SDK 2018.1.11
The following sections list and describe the changes to Wwise between version 2018.1.1 and version 2018.1.2. For earlier versions, please refer to Previous Release Notes. If using the online help, you can also choose a different Wwise version from the list on top of the table of contents column.
|Note: Plug-in Developers This version of Wwise supports plug-ins built with Wwise 2018. For plug-ins built with older versions of Wwise, their developers must recompile and repackage them with a compatible version.|
- Mac: Minimum target macOS version is now 10.9 Mavericks.
- PS4 SDK: Updated SDK to 5.508.041.
- Xbox One XDK: Updated XDK to 10.1.17133.2020 (April 2018).
WG-32280 (WAAPI) Added the select transform type "referencesTo" to
ak.wwise.core.object.get, which provides objects referencing queried objects.
WG-35275 (WAAPI) Added the list of selected objects to the return of the
- WG-37574 (WAAPI) Added ak.wwise.core.project.saved topic , which can be used to get notified when a project is saved.
- WG-37837 (WAAPI) Allowed import functions to now specify if imported files should be automatically added to source control.
WG-38101 (WAAPI) Added
audioSource:maxRadiusAttenuationreturn option to
ak.wwise.core.object.getto retrieve the attenuation with the largest radius on an object.
WG-38151 (WAAPI) Allowed the passing of an object using unique name and type to queries made using
WG-38159 (WAAPI) Added support for Work Unit creation either directly through
ak.wwise.core.object.createor as a parent of a sound object through
- WG-38216 (WAAPI) Expanded ak.wwise.core.audio.import to now return an array of all created, replaced, or reused objects.
- WG-38288 Removed requirement that audio source files match the filename of an existing audio source during importation through Tab Delimited import or WAAPI import, if the Voice object is specified.
- WG-38790 Added ability to define custom commands in Wwise, triggering external programs with dynamic arguments. Refer to Defining Command Add-ons for more information.
- WG-38867 Allowed custom properties to be defined for a specific version of Wwise, as well as globally, for all installed versions of Wwise. Refer to Defining Command Add-ons for more information.
- WG-38871 (WAAPI) Added support for registering new executable commands. Refer to ak.wwise.ui.commands.register and ak.wwise.ui.commands.executed. Refer to Defining Command Add-ons for more information.
- WG-39003 (WAAPI) Added custom property support.
- WG-39105 Added option to import Work Units (*.wwu) from another Wwise project that has unlinked properties per platform.
- WG-39140 Expanded Custom Properties to have set to read-only option in the User Interface of Wwise. They remain modifiable in WAAPI.
WG-39152 (WAAPI) Added the return option
audioSource:languagefor object queries.
- WG-39196 Provided New Rev models, please see audiokinetic.com/products/plug-ins/crankcase-rev/ for previews.
- WG-38445 When changing the WAAPI configuration in User Preferences, there is no longer a need to restart Wwise. The changes will take effect a few seconds after clicking OK.
- WG-38817 User meter type selection no longer overwritten by 3D Meter mode for ambisonics busses.
- WG-39167 WAAPI is now enabled by default in the User Preferences. Along with this, the "Allowed origins" field was renamed to "Allow browser connections from origins" to more accurately describe its purpose. The "#file" and "#unknown" origins are now enabled by default and there is no way to disable them. Finally, it is now possible to limit WAAPI connections to certain IP addresses using the "Allow connections from" field.
- WG-39085 (Xbox One) Removed validation code in ShapeXma functions, for non-Debug configurations.
- WG-39299 Improved UI responsiveness when playing back high-frequency trigger rate containers from Transport Control.
- WG-36232 Created new Motion Factory Presets for Motion Effects.
WG-36777 (WAAPI) Changed
ak.wwise.core.object.getPropertyAndReferenceNamesto reflect support for references.
- WG-38669 Documented which properties are read-only in the Wwise Objects Reference section of the SDK documentation.
- WG-38886 Changed the positions of the direction labels in the 3D Meter.
- WG-37357 Fixed: (Mac Authoring) UI refresh issue when scrolling in the Soundcaster view.
- WG-38109 Fixed: The Capture Log's Select All command takes a long time to complete.
- WG-38280 Fixed: Unlinked properties will stay unlinked after loading a Preset that has linked properties.
- WG-38782 Fixed: (WAAPI) The automatic resolving of name conflicts when importing sound objects affects the parent object rather than the created one.
- WG-38956 Fixed: (UWP) Crash in Motion on start-up.
- WG-39078 Fixed: (iOS) Rare assert when interrupting the sink.
- WG-39087 Fixed: Text color contrast issue when selecting rows in the SoundBank Log.
- WG-39096 Fixed: Enabling Include parents and busses in the Capture Log Filter can lead to a crash.
- WG-39098 Fixed: User-Defined Auxiliary Send override for a child of a Blend Container has no effect if the child's auxiliary sends are not defined.
- WG-39141 Fixed: Loss of focus on the Capture Log after using its Select All command.
- WG-39183 Fixed: Drawing issue where some object names would be drawn outside of their frame.
WG-39205 Fixed: Crash when calling
StopAllduring State transitions on active objects.
- WG-39247 Fixed: Crash in 3D Meter when graphic device becomes unavailable.
GetPS4OutputHandledo not wait for sound engine startup, returning default values.
- WG-39279 Fixed: Freeze on Tab Delimited Import when importing a file on the root.
- WG-39286 Fixed: (Android) Rare crash at game startup on Android P.
- WG-39287 Fixed: Edit field of New (Browser) dialog not focused by default.
- WG-39295 Fixed: With tabs split in the Advanced Game Profiler, if the second tab is set to the first tab and then the project reloaded, the second tab could become empty.
WG-39312 Fixed: Infinite loop in
CAkListener::ComputeSpeakerMatrix3Dwhen passing volume offsets to
SetListenerSpatializationand using ambisonics.
- WG-39407 Fixed: Failure to find files through reparse points.
- WG-39417 Fixed: Grayed out OK button when the filter of an object browser is closed.
- WG-39427 Fixed: The Capture Log's row selection shortcut, Shift+End, does not work.
- WG-39441 Fixed: (Windows) Motion is attenuated on with Xbox One controllers.
- WG-39467 Fixed: The MS Spatial sink plug-in can crash when running low on memory.
WG-39469 Fixed: API profiling displays result of
SetStateas "unresolved" for valid States.
- WG-39474 Fixed: (Windows) Possible audio glitches when using the WASAPI audio sink on Windows when the Windows User Settings is set to a high resolution frequency (192 kHz) on some hardware.
- WG-39487 Fixed: Occasional crash due to drag-and-drop of an object in a Switch Container's Contents Editor.
- WG-39498 Fixed: Crash in XAudio2 when switching project in Wwise Authoring.
WG-39509 Fixed: Filling
AkInitSetting.settingMainOutput.audioDeviceSharesetdoesn't switch the master Audio Bus to the specified device.
- WG-39523 Fixed: Initial Delay not loaded by Presets.
- WG-39529 Fixed: Rare crash on start-up when no output devices are ready.
- WG-39594 Fixed: (WAAPI) Crash while disabling an active WAAPI session.