Wwise SDK 2018.1.11
The following sections list and describe the changes to Wwise between version 2018.1.2 and version 2018.1.3. For earlier versions, please refer to Previous Release Notes. This release is a bug fix release, therefore projects, banks, and the API are compatible without change for all 2018.1.x versions.
|Note: Plug-in Developers This version of Wwise supports plug-ins built with Wwise 2018.1. For plug-ins built with older versions of Wwise, their developers must recompile and repackage them with a compatible version.|
- WG-39161 Added a Python tool to assist plug-in developers in packaging their plug-ins.
- WG-39448 Added a Python tool to assist plug-in developers in creating the bundle.json files used by the Wwise Launcher.
- WG-39455 Added a Python tool to assist plug-in developers in creating new plug-ins.
- WG-39447 Corrected the classId of some Wwise Objects in the SDK doc.
- WG-39566 Platforms not supported by Motion sink are now excluded by default when importing Motion Factory Presets. The excluded platforms can all be re-included if needed.
- WG-39844 Added error messages to explain MSSpatial initialization failures.
- WG-30329 Fixed: Occasional crash in Batch Rename while modifying the project.
- WG-31497 Fixed: Wwise Remote Connect dialog does not display all applications when running on a machine with multiple network adapters.
- WG-37689 Fixed: With diffraction enabled, large triangles that are just barely non-planar may result in an error reported by Spatial Audio (AK::SpatialAudio::SetGeometry - Invalid diffraction edge formed by vertices [X, Y] and triangles (U, V)).
- WG-39454 Fixed: Lengthy Init of Audio Output plug-in may cause sound engine to consider it a timeout.
- WG-39515 Fixed: Rare crash with Delay line management in Reflect.
WG-39541 Fixed: Calling
StopPlayingID()on one of multiple game objects playing the same Switch Container clears the Switch history for the other game objects.
WG-39544 Fixed: Calling function
SetRPTCValueByPlayingIDignores Playing ID if a transition time is specified.
- WG-39560 Fixed: Sink clean-up now occurs in the same thread as sink initialization (in the audio thread) instead of after stopping the audio thread.
- WG-39605 Fixed: Cannot use a Windows-specific audio output plug-in when auditioning sounds for a different target platform in authoring.
- WG-39624 Fixed: The Wwise Effect Editor is not updated when a new mixer plug-in is selected for a bus.
- WG-39627 Fixed: Crash when opening a project which has a Switch Container with an unresolved Switch Group.
WG-39674 Fixed: API function names
AK::SpatialAudio::SetPortalObstructionAndOcclusionare incorrectly reported in the Capture Log as, respectively, AuxSends, Position, SetEmitterObstruction, and SetPortalObstruction.
- WG-39678 Fixed: Long AkRecorder filepaths are truncated.
WG-39680 Fixed: Frequent Opus file source starvation on highly compressed files.
Note: If you are using your own implementation of IAkAutoStream, you most likely need to recompile it and implement the new function:
IAkAutoStream::SetMinTargetBufferSize. This function allows setting a minimal auto stream buffer size to be made ready by the auto stream system.
WG-39682 Fixed: Crash in
Meter3DUserPref::GetValuewhen closing Wwise Authoring.
WG-39693 Fixed: Possible memory corruption in class
- WG-39705 Fixed: When watching game objects in the Attenuation Editor, some additional flags were shown and some flags that were expected to be shown were not.
- WG-39717 Fixed: Image sources in Wwise Reflect sometimes get replaced by ones with new IDs.
- WG-39726 Fixed: A crash in Spatial Audio when disabling reflections by setting the reflection order to 0, while simultaneously adding or removing geometry.
- WG-39737 Fixed: Using the auto-generated user interface does not work for Source plug-ins.
- WG-39745 Fixed: Glitches when ramping up or down the LPF parameter on devices with a 44,100 Hz sample rate.
- WG-39765 Fixed: Jumping to an object by name in the Project Explorer.
WG-39783 Fixed: Timing issue with
GetSpeakerAngles(). If called too closely to
LoadBank("Init.bnk"), it could fail.
- WG-39838 Fixed: Spatial Audio reflections in the Game Object Profiler are sometimes drawn with incorrect transparency.
WG-39846 Fixed: Connecting the Wwise Profiler to a game resets the Audio Device set in
- WG-39850 Fixed: (macOS) Command add-ons are not supported.
- WG-39882 Fixed: Positioning's "Override Parent" setting not properly pushed to sound engine.
- WG-39886 Fixed: Multi-channel source files with more than two channels converted to Opus with a quality factor inferior to 16 generate noise on playback.
- WG-39891 Fixed: Updated DirectX device status handling.
- See also