One Minute Wwise | Control a Projection in MadMapper with Wwise
Control projection mapping elements in MadMapper from a Game Parameter in Wwise, by sending a MIDI signal through a virtual MIDI device. No commercials, no lengthy introductions - get "Wwiser" in a minute.
Let's say you want this Game Parameter in Wwise, to control the logo projected on the side of this box. To do so...
1. Create a virtual MIDI port.
2. Make Wwise send through that port.
3. And then hook up that signal to a property in MadMapper.
Let's start by creating a virtual MIDI port. If you don't have a tool for that, you can get loopMIDI. There you just add a new port, with a name that makes sense. In Wwise, go to the Control Surface Devices and add a MIDI device that receives from your MIDI controller, but sends to the port we just created. Next, create a global binding for the RTPC, and let's change it to control change 1. Finally in MadMapper, you right-click on the property you want to influence, choose MIDI control, click learn, touch the RTPC in Wwise, and there you go.
Let's go even further. Say you want this, to function in real-time. From like a Wwise Meter. To do so, you need to install WAAPI and Mido, along with Python. So modify a WAAPI script to get the same Game Parameter, from your profiler session, inside a loop. Then import Mido, specify the device name and send a MIDI message. But make sure the value is not negative. The logo now moves automatically, based on the output of the Wwise Meter. That's it!
* Python script: https://github.com/MadsMaretty/OneMinuteWwise/blob/master/Driving%20a%20Projected%20Image%20from%20a%20Game%20Parameter/Wwise2MadMapperScript.py
* Get Python: https://www.python.org/downloads/
* WAAPI Client for Python: https://pypi.org/project/waapi-client/
* WAAPI samples: https://hubs.ly/H0rFtPD0
* WAAPI functions: https://hubs.ly/H0rFtRY0
* WAAPI subscription example: https://hubs.ly/H0rFtTb0
* ak.wwise.core.profiler.getRTPCs: https://hubs.ly/H0rFtTs0
* About Mido: https://mido.readthedocs.io/en/latest/intro.html
* Get MadMapper: https://madmapper.com
* Get loopMidi: https://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software/loopmidi.html
00:18 Send RTPC value using MIDI to MadMapper
01:00 Send RTPC controlled by a Wwise Meter to MadMapper