One Minute Wwise | Removing Unused Assets
How to remove unused Audio Files, locate SFX objects without an Audio Source, and unused Game Syncs. No commercials, no lengthy introductions.
So maybe, you've been prototyping your game for a while, and you got the point where you need to clean up and remove unused assets. So let's look at:
1) How to remove unused audio files,
2) locate SFX objects that doesn't have a source,
3) and how to locate unused Game Syncs.
First off, head into the File Managers Source Files tab. This is where you'll find the original sound files. Now notice the Usage column. This shows you whether the sound file is being used in the project or not, and if not (Not used), you can right-click it and select Delete.
Next, let's head into the Integrity Report. This tool will help you clean up and optimise your Wwise Project. Let's start by looking at the 'Audio files and Sources'. We got a hit! Apparently, I've got an SFX object called 'Test' without an Audio Source. So let's right-click, find it in the Project Explorer, and delete it. Now enable 'Optimisations'. Notice how we've got multiple Game Syncs that we're not using. But before we delete them, let's have a look. This seems like temporary stuff. But this one - the Callback_Microphone Game Parameter, is used in the Wwise Adventure Game to get the microphone input level. As such, you can delete the others, but not this one. Therefore, use the Integrity Report to find potentially unused assets, but then evaluate every instance. That's it!
* Using the Integrity Report: https://hubs.ly/H0rFxz70
* How to generate an Integrity Report: https://hubs.ly/H0rFxP10
* Using the Integrity Report to check Effects: https://hubs.ly/H0rFxP30
* About the File Manager: https://hubs.ly/H0rFxzq0
* Get the Wwise Adventure Game: https://hubs.ly/H0rFxzy0
* Media File Management Tips and Best Practices: https://hubs.ly/H0rFxPb0
* Deleting Objects & Clearing Your Cache: https://hubs.ly/H0rFxzH0
* Troubleshooting your project with the Integrity Report: https://hubs.ly/H0rFxB60