One Minute Wwise | Wwise Shortcuts from a Stream Deck
How to call Wwise shortcuts from a Stream Deck, and how to use the Multi-Action option to create more purposeful buttons. No commercials, no lengthy introductions!
* All of the shortcuts can be called without a Stream Deck, or from another type of Macro device.
Let's talk about using the Stream Deck with Wwise. I'll begin with the Hotkey module. This allows you to create buttons for something like 'Generating SoundBanks' or 'Starting Capture'. To do this, start in Wwise and look up the shortcut in the Wwise (Keyboard) Shortcuts. Then head into the Stream Deck App, add a hotkey module, type in the hotkey and done!
Okay, so it can do shortcuts, but here is where it gets even more interesting. Let's make a button that executes a sequence of hotkeys. Like when you discover a strange behavior in your game and you want to profile it. So let's start by aligning the game and Wwise, side by side. On Windows, you can click the Windows key along with the arrow right. Then switch to Wwise using the Windows key and 1, since I have it pinned in my taskbar. And now align it on the left side, using the Windows key and the left arrow. Next, let's stop the Follow Capture Time using CTRL, ALT and C. And switch the Profiler using F6. Notice that when you click the button, all these commands are being executed in the correct order. So this way, you can make buttons that make more sense to your workflow procedures, rather than just being a shortcut. If you've got a good suggestion for a Stream Deck action, make sure to put it in the comments, to share it with other Wwise users.
* Keyboard Shortcuts window: https://hubs.ly/H0rFxSq0
* List of shortcuts: https://hubs.ly/H0rFxD60
* Stream Deck webpage: https://www.elgato.com/en/gaming/stream-deck
* About generating SoundBanks: https://hubs.ly/H0rFxDk0
* About generating SoundBanks (using a script): https://hubs.ly/H0rFxSY0
* Starting/Stopping the Capture Process: https://hubs.ly/H0rFxCT0
* How to use the Profiler: https://hubs.ly/H0rFxRt0