Table of Contents
Each version of this integration matches a specific build of Unreal Engine 4. Here is what has changed in each release of the integration (in addition to upgrading to the new Unreal build).
WG-30404 Fixed: The attenuation scaling factor now properly works on
WG-29917 Fixed: Fixed a case where the attenuation radius of
AkAmbientSoundsdid not show up in the Editor window.
AkEvent String Input Fieldto
- WG-29997 Suppressed duplicate "LogAkAudio: StopAll API called" entries in the output log.
WG-30000 Fixed: Changed meta properties of
- WG-30012 Fixed: Integrated GitHub pull request #5. Match the list of available platforms for SoundBank generation to the Supported Platforms under the Unreal project settings.
- WG-30014 Fixed: Fixed a crash when starting a Play in Editor session that uses a dedicated server.
WG-30031 Fixed: Removed usage of the
- WG-30218 Fixed: Crash when connecting the Wwise Profiler to the Android platform.
WG-30255 Fixed: UE4 crash when adding key to
Ak Event Trackin Matinee.
- UI-316 Fixed: Prevent a crash when starting a Play in Editor session with a dedicated server.
- WG-29917 Fixed: Make sure the attenuation radius is visible in the Editor.
- WG-29944 Fixed: Stop ambient sounds when stopping PIE session.
- The Wwise Unreal integration is now a plug-in. Please see Migrating from the UE4 Wwise integration source code to the plug-in version for migration notes.
- UI-273 Fixed: Create a new uasset type for Auxiliary Busses. This allows to assign an AuxBus to a SoundBank. See AkAuxBus for more information.
- UI-280 Fixed: Deprecated "...by name" methods, and replaced then with a string field in the relevant methods. See Migrating "...by name" methods for more information.
- UI-309 Fixed: Made the Wwise project path relative to the game folder, instead of relative to the UE4Editor.exe file. See Migrating the Wwise project path for more information.
UI-265 Fixed: In the AnimNotifies, test the AkComponent's validity before using it. This reduces log spam when using UE with the
- UI-270 Fixed: It is now possible to build in non-Unity mode.
- UI-249 Fixed: Avoid crashing when no Audio Playback device is available on Windows.
- Added a "Spawn AkComponent at location" Blueprint node. See Spawn Ak Component at Location for more information.
- Added support for the Mac Editor.
- Added support for the Mac platform.
- Added support for the iOS platform.
- Added support for the Linux platform.
- Migrated the UE4.8 integration to Wwise 2015.1
- Fixed a crash on Xbox One if the app manifest did not contain a definition for Wwise communication ports.
- UI-206 Fixed: Sounds with an attenuation can now be heard when an animation window is opened.
- UI-212 Fixed: Added a "Load Init Bank" Blueprint node.
- UI-213 Fixed: Added null checks in Blueprint nodes, preventing crashes.
- UI-214 Fixed: No crash when saving an output capture to disk.
- UI-215 Fixed: No issue with the Attenuation Scaling Factor of an AkComponent not being set when attached to an actor.
- UI-217 Fixed: Made AkReverbVolume's collision settings visible in the details panel.
- UI-220 Fixed: Fixed the occlusion fade behaviour for sounds that a spawn occluded.
- UI-223 Fixed: The gathering of the max attenuations for AkEvent does not halt when the parsing of one SoundBank fails.
- UI-226 Fixed: SoundBank generation is now performed by the 32-bit WwiseCLI.exe when the 64-bit WwiseCLI.exe is missing.
UI-230 Fixed: Now using
FinishDestroyto unregister Wwise Game Objects, which had caused some Game Objects to be registered for too long.
- UI-233 Fixed: Added validity checks on actors in the GetGameObjectID function.
- UI-234 Fixed: Multiple viewports in the SetListener function are properly handled. This fixes a crash in AkAudioDevice.cpp.
- UI-236 Fixed: The Location Type given to the GetAkComponent Blueprint node is properly handled.
- UI-239 Fixed: No crash at engine shutdown as a result of the Bank Manager unloading SoundBanks that might already have been destroyed.
- Added a "Follow" checkbox to the AnimNotify_AkEvent. Leaving it unchecked will post the AkEvent at a specific location, instead of attaching to the parent.
- Added a new AnimNotify: AnimNotify_AkEventByName, allowing to post events using their name as a string.
- Added Debugging tools to Blueprints. For more information, see Debug Blueprint Functions
- Added support for the Android platform.
- Now including a new demonstration game, based on Epic's First Person Template. For more information, see Sample Game.
- All Wwise Integration settings now have their page in the Unreal Project Settings window. No need to manually edit INI files anymore!
- UI-157 Fixed: When generating the SoundBanks, add the Max Attenuation information to AkEvents. It can be retrieved via Blueprints.
- UI-187 Fixed: Allow the preview of AkEvents from the Content Browser by pressing the space bar.
- UI-188 Fixed: When an AkAmbientSound is about to be destroyed, cancel its event callback to avoid using a destroyed object in the callback.
- UI-189 Fixed: Added an attenuation scaling factor to AkComponent, allowing to make each actor's attenuation radius unique.
- UI-190 Fixed: Added a new Blueprint node that allows setting the exact list of loaded SoundBanks. For more information, see Load Banks
UI-193 Fixed: Get the
UAkAudioEventFactorydirectly when creating
UAkAudioEventsby Drag & Drop.
UI-194 Fixed: Optimized the finding of
AkReverbVolumesat a location.
- UI-195 Fixed: Added blueprint_actor_posteventbyname, features_blueprintcsoundbanks_loadbyname, and Unload Bank Blueprint nodes.
- UI-196 Fixed: Added a configuration parameter for the maximum number of concurrent Reverb Volumes applied on a sound.
- UI-201 Fixed: Added an UAkAudioEvent to AkComponent, to bring it in sync with Unreal's AudioComponent. An AkComponent can by added in a Blueprint via drag & drop of a UAkAudioEvent. An actor with an attached AkComponent will also show its attenuation radius in the Editor.
- UI-204 Fixed: Added code to unload auto-loaded SoundBanks.
- UI-205 Fixed: Don't post events in a world that does not allow audio playback.
- UI-208 Fixed: Fixed a potential crash when generating SoundBanks.
UI-183 Fixed: Use the debug SoundEngine libraries when UnrealBuildTool is configured to use the debug CRT libraries (
bDebugBuildsActuallyUseDebugCRT = true).
- UI-184 Fixed: Added a billboard component to AkComponent to make them visible in the Editor.
- UI-186 Fixed: Allow drag & drop of .bnk files in the Content Browser to create UAkAudioBank assets.
- UI-172 Fixed: Resolved assert created by the AkReverbVolumeChannel collision channel.
- UI-174 Fixed: Optimized the "Generate SoundBanks" window.
- UI-175 Fixed: Added preprocessor guards to remove compilation errors on platforms not supported by this integration.
- UI-166 Fixed: Auxiliary Bus properties are now applied on Ambient Sounds contained within Reverb Volumes.
- Updated Wwise version to 2014.1. If you wish to keep on using 2013.2.x, see Frequently Asked Questions.
- Added Japanese documentation.
- Added a SwitchDemo map to the UnrealWwiseDemo sample game, demonstrating the use of switches.
- UI-161 Fixed: Removed the duplicate AkComponent created when starting an ambient sound. This prevented the Stop Ambient Sound method from working.
- UI-152 Fixed: Add SoundBanks and streamed files to the packaging process.
- UI-149 Fixed: Set proper default values for AkReverbVolumes.
- Visual Studio 2013 is now used by default. Please refer to the Requirements page for more details.
- UI-146 Fixed: Fixed non-unity build compilation errors.
- Verify the SoundEngine is initialized in the AkComponent tick function;
- Properly set the collision channel name for AkReverbVolumes;
- Avoid loading banks in a commandlet;
- Removed the automatic bank creation mechanism.
- UI-148 Fixed: Use "Get Player Controller" in the RTPCDemo Blueprint to ensure sound keeps playing when transitioning between "Simulate" and "Possess" modes in Editor.
- Added an example of AkAnimNotify in ShooterGame. It is located in the FPP_RifleReload animation.
- UI-131 Fixed: Spatialized sounds are now audible in the Animation Editor: Added a second listener for the Animation Editor window, and routed game objects created in this window to the new listener. WARNING: This fix changes the AnimNotify_AkEvent Blueprint. If you have made modifications to it, be sure to keep a backup before merging this integration.
- UI-134 Fixed: Removed the input flag StopWhenOwnerDestroyed to GetAkComponent. It was unused and could create confusion. Added a SetStopWhenOwnerDestroyed method to the AkComponent.
- UI-136 Fixed: Allow Wwise Authoring to communicate with an Xbox One application.
- UI-137 Fixed: Make sure a temporary game object (created by "Post Event at Location") is subject to AAkReverbVolumes.
- UI-138 Fixed: Prevent the Sound Engine from creating UE errors while running in a commandlet. This is a workaround. Maybe the Sound Engine should not be initialized at all.
- UI-139 Fixed: Removed FMath::Abs on Z projection when setting listener position in SoundEngine (Unreal code has been left untouched). This allows upside down listeners.
- UI-145 Fixed: Fixed an error in the AkComponent::SetRTPCValue method that prevented RTPCs from being properly applied.
- Unreal Wwise integration now officially supports PS4 and Xbox One platforms!
- Added platform selection to bank generation dialog box.
- Added bank generation dialog box to build menu.
LinkedProjectconfiguration parameter has been moved from
- Added simple occlusion support.
- Fixed a crash when getting the UAkComponent from another component which has no owner.
- UI-130 Fixed: Fixed performance issues with the UAkComponent::UpdateAkReverbVolumeList method.
- UI-130 Fixed: Added a flag to the UAkComponent specifying if it is influenced by reverb volumes.
- UI-132 Fixed: Prevent UAkComponents from ticking on server configurations.
- UI-135 Fixed: Expose RTPC interpolation time.
- Added bank generation for PlayStation4 and Xbox One.
- Added AkReverbVolume, allowing for mapping a volume in space to a Wwise auxiliary bus.
- UI-128 Fixed: Implemented asynchronous IO access.
- Fixed build settings for Visual Studio 2012.
- Fixed UEngine::UseSound() returning false when only AkAudioDevice is present.
- Fixed crash in UAkComponent::PostAkEvent with null event.
- Fixed game object position with static actor.
- Fixed confusion between Actor, AkComponent, the Wwise game object and their respective lifespans:
- AkComponent follows attachment semantics of Epic's AudioComponent. AkComponents are re-used when all attachment parameters match.
- AkGameplayStatics contains global helpers targetting Actors for easy use in blueprints.
- Fixed missing Events and Banks in SoundBank Definition File.
- Fixed game object names in Wwise Profiler.
- Generating SoundBanks now triggers a refresh of loaded banks.
- Set RTPC Value global helper now supports setting a Game Parameter at global scope (no Actor target).
- Added message box in case of error during SoundBank Generation.
- New, distinct colors for Audiokinetic Event and Audiokinetic Bank asset types in the Content Browser.
- Fixed compilation on Xbox One and PS4 platforms.
- Fixed issue with AnimNotify_AkEvent using the wrong type.
- Fixed update of AkComponent Game Object position.
- Added DebugGame build configuration support.
- Partial Wwise SDK now included to help setting up the integration.
- Fixed xaudio2/mmdev DLL unload issues in Windows 64-bit build.
- Stopped matinee movie from playing in demomap - was preventing user input from working.
- Fixed AkAudioDevice listener position update in FLevelEditorViewportClient::UpdateAudioListener.
- Changed the AudioDeviceModuleName default value to XAudio2 on the windows platform.
- Introduced doxygen documentation.
- Now building using Wwise 2013.1.1 build 4677.
- Now building using Wwise 2013.1 beta build 4609.
Generated by 1.6.3