arrow_right Table of Contents
Wwise SDK 2018.1.11
Release Notes 2015.1.3
The following sections list and describe the changes to Wwise between version 2015.1.2 and version 2015.1.3.
- iOS: Full bitcode now included for iOS and tvOS libraries
- iOS: Added beta support for tvOS
- PS3: Updated to SDK 475.001
- PS4: Updated to SDK 3.000
- Xbox One: Updated to XDK August 2015
- WG-28462 Removed GenAudio plug-ins.
- WG-28465 Added iZotope and Crankcase plug-ins to the Windows 10 Universal App Platform (Metro_vc140).
WG-27251 ATRAC9 and XMA performance optimizations: To triple the performance gain when using ATRAC9 on PS4 and XMA on Xbox One, these codecs now operate with one Wwise buffer of additional latency (about 10.7 ms, by default). This allows Wwise to pipeline CPU voice processing of the current frame with the APU voice processing of the previous frame. While this is our recommended setting, some games may wish to optimize for low-latency at the expense of total throughput, and this behavior can be reverted by setting the flag
bHwCodecLowLatencyMode = truein AkPlatformInitSettings. Setting this flag to
truewill force Wwise to update in two steps, as was the case in v2015.1.2. Decode jobs are first submitted to the APU, after which Wwise will have to wait for the results before secondly processing the rest of the audio pipeline. While waiting for decode jobs on PS4, control is handed back to the OS. This may allow other threads to fill the time slice. On Xbox One, however, this is not possible and Wwise must 'busy-wait' until the data from the hardware is ready. To avoid waiting, and to run the Wwise upate in the shortest possible amount of time,
bHwCodecLowLatencyModeshould be left to true.
- WG-28540 File opening is now deferred by default in low-level I/O samples for Xbox One.
- WG-27267 Fixed: McDSP ML1 Meter's output display saturates.
- WG-27285 Fixed: Error text in Object Name message.
- WG-27388 Fixed: Double-clicking on RTPC curve inserts invalid value.
- WG-27430 Fixed: Vorbis decode error when seeking in music with zero latency, streaming, blocksize > 1 with cache enabled.
- WG-27658 Fixed: (iOS) No sound is heard using a bluetooth headphones with the integration demo.
- WG-27661 Fixed: Sound Property Editor Attenuation Link control does not update on property change.
- WG-27958 Fixed: Master-Mixer Console only shows the BG column for PS3 or Xbox 360 platforms.
- WG-28253 Fixed: Busses don't support passthrough mode of SCE Audio3d object-panner.
- WG-28286 Fixed: SoundbanksInfo.xml contains StreamedFiles entries for files which are not referenced in a SoundBank.
- WG-28348 Fixed: (iOS) Sound is occasionally distorted when resuming app with Unity Integration.
- WG-28368 Fixed: Playback speed RTPCs on music containers do not update, if the RTPC is on a child conatiner of the event's targeted container.
- WG-28394 Prevented crash when updating the priority loop if NaN floating points were detected. (Note that inserting NaN floating point values in the engine will still cause problems and must be avoided.)
- WG-28411 Fixed: Suboptimal mutex attribute and race condition with re-entering sound engine from callbacks on PS4.
- WG-28413 Fixed: Opening Wwise project referencing plug-in that was not installed may remove RTPC references from existing WWU.
- WG-28414 Fixed: AkMusicPlaylistCallbackInfo returning inconsistent values as playlistID.
- WG-28425 Fixed: Updating RTPC-driven switch containers could result in RTPC updates being skipped or applied multiple times.
- WG-28442 Fixed: Unlikely hang with multiple threads calling RenderAudio at the same time on PS4.
- WG-28455 Fixed: Benign assert "in_fDrive >= 0.f && in_fDrive <= 100.f" in guitar distortion plug-in.
- WG-28456 Fixed: Batch Rename controls do not respond when running on Mac.
- WG-28487 Prevented crash when converting a very small looping sound to the XMA format.
- WG-28488 Fixed: Possible crash when using the Locate Object button in Game Object 3D Viewer.
- WG-28496 Fixed: Import of CC-only MIDI File.
- WG-28497 Fixed: (iOS, Mac) Memory leak when converting strings on Mac & iOS.
- WG-28532 Fixed: (PS4) "AkOutput_MergeToMain" output is working in Debug, Profile, but not Release builds.
- WG-28537 Fixed: Adjustments of the RTPC curve are not applied live to Modulators during playback.
- WG-28572 Use _WIN32 and _WIN64 compiler-defined macros instead of WIN32 and WIN64 in AkPlatforms.h.