Table of Contents
This release delivers the Wwise SDK update for Wwise 2013.2.1, new features including an overhauled distribution, installation and build experience, and bug fixes.
- Wwise SDK: 2013.2, 2013.2.1
- Unity: 4.x (3.x is no longer supported)
- Windows 8 (Metro)
- Windows Store App on Intel devices and ARM tablets
- Mac OS X (10.6 and above)
- Unity Integration is now distributed as a Unity asset bundle that contains the target platform version and the desktop version. It can be imported directly into a Unity project, and function in both the Editor and on target devices.
- A new Wwise menu was added in the Unity Editor UI for the following tasks:
- Installing the plug-in.
- Rebuilding the Integration.
- Converting a SoundBank ID C++ header into its C# version.
- Build and run applications for multi-architecture platforms (for example, Windows) with Unity 4's Scripting Define Symbols feature.
- A build script for rebuilding the Integration for any supported platform through the command line.
- A simplified positioning demo added to the IntegrationDemo.
- Android: SoundBanks can now be saved in and loaded from the Android Expansion Files (OBB).
- WG-23781: Bank callback does not work.
- WG-23734: Marker callback receives garbled strings on Windows platforms.
- WG-23345: Compiler errors when switching to unsupported platforms in Unity Editor.
- WG-23436: Unity: listener positioning error due to wrong index type cast.
- WG-23423: Performance issue with GameObjects in Unity related to component access.
- WG-22533: Unity: Some API binding functions shouldn't have exception handlers.
- Simplified iOS plug-in installation and deployment.
- Updated documentation with more accurate prerequisites and other instructions.
- The installed file and folder structure is updated for the new distribution method. See Installing or Upgrading the Integration in a Unity Project for details.
- The plug-ins for multi-architecture platforms are renamed. See BUILD THE APPLICATION FOR A MULTI-ARCHITECTURE PLATFORM for details.
- On iOS, there is no longer a need to configure Xcode project to find the plug-in library. But a new native API call is needed. See Build for iOS for details.
- The previous multi-architecture platform build UI script examples are removed.
- The old build script for the Apple platforms is removed.
- SWIG is upgraded to 2.0.11. Mac users need to refer to pg_compileswig to update SWIG.
Generated on Thu Aug 22 13:26:38 2019 for Wwise Unity Integration by 1.6.3