Ensure you are logged in if you are a licensed user for specific platforms.
Wwise Unreal Integration Documentation
Each version of this integration matches a specific build of Unreal Engine 4. Here is what has changed in the 2019.2.10.7490.1917 release of the integration (in addition to upgrading to the new Unreal build).
Due to a change in the reference system, all Wwise Assets must be updated after migrating a project to Wwise 2019.2.10. It is recommended that users perform a "Clear Sound Data" operation followed by a "Generate Sound Data" operation. If this is not done, an Unreal Assert with the following line could appear in a packaged game:
This integration does not support experimental Unreal Engine 4 features.
This integration compiles against Unreal Engine versions 4.23 and up, but was only tested against Unreal Engine 4.26.
Platform-specific information can be found here:
For earlier versions, please refer to Previous Release Notes.
- WG-52685 Physical folder hierarchies are now parsed directly from the project file.
- WG-47039 Virtual Folders are now automatically synchronized between Wwise and the Unreal Content Browser.
- WG-49551 AkAssetDatabase no longer loads assets on editor open or during asset synchronization, reducing load times in general.
- WG-50863 Media references in Events are now hard references and use Bulk Data Async IO API to load the media data. In the majority of cases, when you want to use an Audio Event, all the related media will be available once the asset is loaded.
- WG-52785 WAAPI is now disabled when running a commandlet.
- WG-53093 Reduced unnecessary dialog messages when moving assets and performing asset synchronization.
- WG-50934 Fixed : Potential crash when unloading banks in AkBankManager
- WG-52242 Fixed: WAAPI commands sent by the Unreal Editor to move folders with names containing special characters fail.
- WG-52305 Fixed: Various issues with asset synchronization.
- WG-52824 Fixed: Crash when deleting large groups of assets.
- WG-53335 Fixed: WEM Opus format not available in Codec ID dropdown of AkExternalSourceInfo.
WG-50334 Fixed: Assert on startup in packaged builds if loading Events while
- WG-51258 Fixed: Crash in SoundEngine caused by media memory being freed prematurely.
- WG-52893 Fixed: Modifications to nested Work Units are not reflected in the Wwise Picker.
WG-52991 Fixed: The package path stored in group values grows each time the
Load()function is called directly.
- WG-53031 Fixed: Possible crash with Event-Based Packaging when unloading a level while a Convolution Reverb is in its tail mode.
WG-53195 Fixed: AkGeometry's
ConvertConvexMeshToGeometryData()does not fetch convex meshes and always resorts to bounding boxes.
AkLowLevelMemory::Allocmay not return page-aligned memory.
- WG-53585 Fixed: Not waiting on all parse tasks to finish before moving on to cooking media during SoundBank generation.
- WG-53707 Fixed: The list of Linked Ak Events in required banks doesn't clear entries when Event assets are deleted.
Generated by 1.8.20