Wwise Unreal Integration Documentation
Each version of this integration matches a specific build of Unreal Engine 4. Here is what has changed in the 2019.2.13.7577.2037 release of the integration (in addition to upgrading to the new Unreal build).
This integration does not support experimental Unreal Engine 4 features.
This integration compiles against Unreal Engine versions 4.23 and up, but was only tested against Unreal Engine 4.26.
For earlier versions, please refer to Previous Release Notes.
- WG-52794 Added early access compatibility for Unreal Engine 5. See Integrating Wwise in an Unreal Engine 5.0 Early Access Project for more details.
- WG-53713 Unreal IO Store packaging option is now supported.
- WG-55316 Added Unreal Engine UE4.27 support.
WG-55748 Fixed: Exposed
AK::SoundEngine::ResetRTPCValue()to Unreal static functions, allowing to reset the value of a Game Parameter to its default.
WG-55592 Added call to
StopAllwhen tearing down the SoundEngine.
- WG-48540 Fixed: WAAPI Picker subscriptions are not refreshed after closing/reopening the Picker or toggling WAAPI functionality.
- WG-52933 Fixed: Possible crash when replacing renamed Wwise UAssets with Automatic Asset Synchronization turned off.
- WG-54273 Fixed: External Source file name is cleared in memory before Event is posted when using async PostEvent calls with External Sources.
- WG-55097 Fixed: Migration to Event-Based Packaging by making sure the InitBank asset is moved to the appropriate folder.
- WG-55318 Fixed: Possible crash caused by WAAPI Picker while packaging build.
- WG-55460 Fixed: Possible crash caused by callbacks interacting with garbage-collected latent actions after they have been destroyed.
- WG-55591 Fixed: Unloading a Switch Value asset doesn't unload the associated media.
- WG-55891 Fixed: Inconsistent behavior when renaming Wwise assets with Automatic Asset Synchronization disabled.
- WG-55939 Fixed: Crash in WAAPI Picker selection synchronization while profiling during PIE.
- WG-51494 Fixed: Possible crash if AutoSaves are triggered during Sound Data generation. AutoSave is now toggled off during the generation process.
FAkMixerPlatform::GetOutputDeviceInfodoes not properly initialize the requested channel information.
WG-55006 Fixed: Crash when FWaitEndOfEventAction latent actions would still be called after they were destroyed by unloading a level.
- WG-55081 Fixed: Wwise UAsset Short IDs cleared by "Clear data in assets" are not always regenerated for State values. Incorrect Short IDs are now reported in the Unreal Log as a warning.
- WG-55107 Fixed: Returned Playing Id not properly set in AkComponent's PostAkEventAndWaitForEnd Blueprint function and latent action not created and Event not posted in AkComponent's PostAkEventAndWaitForEndAsync Blueprint function.
- WG-55548 Fixed: Collision geometry from AkGeometryComponent arranged incorrectly.
- WG-55881 Fixed: Capitalisation typos in includes prevent building the integration on Linux.
- WG-55966 Fixed: Crash caused by convolution reverb media being freed too early during unloading.