Wwise SDK 2019.2.15
Before getting started, Python 2 or 3 must be installed to use the development tools.
To build the property help documentation, install these two Python dependencies:
Also, remember to include your build tools for other targeted platforms in your PATH. For more information on which build tools to install refer to Platform Requirements.
|Caution: When installing the Wwise SDK from the Launcher, select all target platforms and ensure there are no spaces in the installation path.|
For a given version of Wwise SDK, the development tools plug-in is located in "%WWISEROOT%/Scripts/Build/Plugins". A quick look at these files provides the following Python scripts:
- new.py Assists in creating new plug-ins.
- premake.py Calls Premake to generate solutions for a given target platform.
- build.py Calls the build tools for a given target platform and configuration.
- package.py Packages binaries and other files (help, factory assets, etc.) into tar.xz archives.
- generate_bundle.py Generates a JSON metadata file for use with the Wwise Launcher.
- wp.py Allows access to all scripts as subcommands.
|Caution: Most of these scripts assume that the current working directory is the root of your plug-in, therefore, ensure you are in the right directory before calling them.|
|Note: More information about how to use these scripts is available through the -h or –help command-line flags.|
This documentation is divided into several parts, covering the topics of creating, configuring, building, and packaging a custom plug-in.