Ensure you are logged in if you are a licensed user for specific platforms.
Wwise Unreal Integration Documentation
Each version of this integration matches a specific build of Unreal Engine 4. Here is what has changed in the 2019.2.15.7667.2164 release of the integration (in addition to upgrading to the new Unreal build).
This integration does not support experimental Unreal Engine 4 features.
This integration was compiled against Unreal Engine versions 4.26 and 4.27. It was tested against Unreal Engine 4.27.2. Any major Unreal Engine version more recent than the aforementioned is not currently supported. Unreal Engine 5 will not be supported for Wwise 2019.2. Please update to Wwise 2021.1 for Unreal Engine 5 support.
Platform-specific information can be found here:
For earlier versions, please refer to Previous Release Notes.
- WG-54828 A new option to clear sound data for individual Wwise assets is now available in the Unreal Content Browser. It facilitates the required step of clearing Sound Data after changing a Sound Voice to Sound SFX or vice-versa.
WG-55555 Added two new arguments to the
autosubmitfor automatically submitting generated assets to source control, and
clnumfor specifying a commit number.
- WG-57995 Improved asset loading performance during Sound Data generation.
- WG-58889 Ending a Play in Editor session now stops all sounds.
- WG-59966 The integration no longer automatically corrects the ShortID found in an asset when it is loaded. In the case where you see Invalid ShortID warnings in the Output log, regenerate Sound Data and save all modified assets.
UPROPERTYare now initialized by default.
- WG-54251 Fixed: Localized Unreal asset data is not removed by "Clear Sound Data" utility.
- WG-55387 Fixed: Crash in Sequencer when opening a level sequence before the Unreal Asset Registry has finished discovering assets.
- WG-59502 Fixed: The same media can call SetMedia multiple times, which leads to a memory leak.
- WG-59600 Fixed: FAkAudioModule loads icons and attempts to initialize WAAPI in non-editor builds.
- WG-60059 Fixed: Crash when switching languages for AkAudioBank assets not containing asset data for the target language. Downgraded AkAudiobank "Could not find localized data" log from error to warning.
- WG-60163 Fixed: Media in memory in Unreal Editor do not update after reimporting audio sources in Wwise and regenerating sound data.
- WG-60218 Fixed: Packaging error when not using Event-Based Packaging.
- WG-60252 Fixed: Unable to set auto-load error when adding Convolution Reverb on a Sound Voice.
AkMediaMemoryManager::ReleaseMediaMemory: Negative RefCount errors for localized media.
- WG-60263 Fixed: RecursionNotAllowed assert on game start-up.
- WG-60394 Fixed: Build failures with Unity build turned off.
- WG-50111 Fixed: Changing language results in an error when localized Events are grouped in a SoundBank.
- WG-50220 Fixed: Crash when changing cultures with the Set Current Audio Culture blueprint.
- WG-51577 Fixed: Possible crash when changing localization immediately after loading a level.
- WG-53110 Fixed: Events played from the context menu in the Content Browser are silent after leaving Play In Editor (PIE) mode.
- WG-53151 Fixed: Localized media data is loaded too late for Events posted immediately on level load (from Level Sequence timelines, for example).
- WG-55967 Fixed: Localized Events don't play when previewed from the Content Browser.
- WG-56793 Fixed: Streaming localized voices in Switch Containers sometimes fails to play.
- WG-56935 Fixed: Crash during map transitions while an Event is playing.
- WG-57271 Fixed: AkBankManager prevents SoundBanks from being unloaded in legacy mode.
- WG-57378 Fixed: Incorrect flags passed to Unreal DirectoryWatcher API.
- WG-57751 Fixed: Localized media in Switch Containers with Split Switch Container Media enabled are not loaded properly. And a report when media is parsed as both streamed and not streamed during Sound Data generation causes playback issues.
- WG-57789 Fixed: Crash and memory leak when using Blueprint callbacks.
WG-57791 Fixed: Typo in Boolean logical operator in
- WG-57812 Fixed: Crash when using PostAndWaitEndOfEvent in a Blueprint node.
- WG-57933 Fixed: Crash or hang when connecting Authoring to a game session while using the Unreal legacy I/O hook.
- WG-57987 Fixed: Crash due to loading assets while not on the game thread when generating Sound Data in Legacy (non-EBP) mode.
- WG-58133 Fixed: Crash when Wwise assets are loaded before the AkAudio module.
WG-58518 Fixed: Newly used media assets are not created when running the GenerateSoundBanks commandlet. Use the new
forceAssetSyncswitch to force new asset creation.
- WG-58616 Fixed: Missing localized media prevents switching to a new locale.
- WG-59294 Fixed: Streaming sound fails to play when posted in two subsequently loaded levels.
- WG-60035 Fixed: Various issues occur when loading localized media and bank data.
- WG-60111 Fixed: Crash when generating sound data via WAAPI if Wwise Convolution Reverb Effect is present in the project.
- WG-60162 Fixed: Hang when Media Asset Data checks if it needs autoloading before its parent media asset begins loading.
- WG-60165 Fixed: Hang when cooking sound data in a commandlet.
- WG-60233 Fixed: Cook fails on Linux Server builds.