Table of Contents
Ensure you are logged in if you are a licensed user for specific platforms.
Wwise SDK 2019.2.6
This page documents the versions of the various tools used to build the different versions of the Wwise Sound Engine.
The following versions of Microsoft Visual Studio are used to build the Wwise libraries:
- Microsoft® Visual Studio 2015: VS2015 Update 3 (14.0.25420.1)
- Microsoft® Visual Studio 2017: VS2017 (15.9.12)
- Microsoft® Visual Studio 2019: VS2019 (16.4.10)
You will notice that the Wwise SDK installation directories are suffixed with "_vc" + version number for both Win32 and x64. Those version numbers correspond to:
- vc140: Visual Studio 2015 (toolset vc140).
- vc150: Visual Studio 2017 (toolset vc141).
- vc160: Visual Studio 2019 (toolset vc142).
Starting with Visual Studio 2015, CRT DLL versions were made binary compatible and are part of Windows.
If you don't want your game to depend on the CRT DLL, you can link to the libraries from the Debug (StaticCRT), Profile (StaticCRT), and Release (StaticCRT) folders instead.