Table of Contents
Wwise SDK 2019.2.3
The following sections list and describe the changes to Wwise between version 2019.2.2 and version 2019.2.3. For information specific to certain next-generation platforms, you must download their respective offline documentation from the Wwise Launcher. For earlier versions, please refer to Previous Release Notes.
- Platform SDK Changes
- New Features
- Behavior Changes
- Performance Changes
- Miscellaneous Changes
- Bug Fixes
- Fixes for Community-Reported Bugs
- Stadia SDK: Updated to SDK 1.47.
- WG-46202 Added "Haptics 2 channel" Actuator Configuration for Motion Source. This generates waveforms for devices that support high-fidelity motion data, and simulates the behavior of gamepads that use asymmetric dual-motor vibration.
- WG-49127 New experimental WEM Opus codec with performant seeking behavior.
- WG-49250 Changing the channel configuration of a SCE Audio3d Bed Output no longer changes the volume of Objects captured by a SCE Audio3d Object Panner. Projects that have been mixing with Ambisonics 2-2 and Ambisonics 3-3 channel configurations may need to adjust the volume of their Objects by approximately +2db or +4db, respectively, to compensate for this change.
- WG-49252 Multichannel audio that is sent as an Object through the SCE Audio 3D Object Panner is no longer mixed down into a single-channel object. Instead, each channel is now sent as an individual object to SceAudio3d. Due to the change in positioning, and absence of mixdown, multichannel objects may need to adjust their volume to compensate.
- WG-48965 Improved Project Explorer refresh speed in large projects.
- WG-49160 Remote connection manipulations are now significantly faster.
- WG-48818 Now distributing vc_150 and vc_160 versions of the Wwise plug-in DLLs.
- WG-49009 Symbols for rpmalloc are now decorated to avoid conflicting with other uses of the library.
- WG-46049 Fixed: Window is not modal during project load.
- WG-46627 Fixed: Live editing a custom property in Wwise doesn't update the value in game.
- WG-47356 Fixed: Notes field sometimes pops-up when opening objects or switching views.
- WG-47646 Fixed: Capture Log does not scroll correctly to cursor position.
- WG-48755 Fixed: Possible memory stomp when using custom memory allocators in Convolution plug-in.
- WG-48766 Fixed: Using a protocol prefix in the name of the Perforce server removes server settings from the configuration.
- WG-48771 Fixed: Perforce plug-in settings are not immediately used after changing them a second time.
- WG-48776 Fixed: Assert when playing a sound that has a custom property.
- WG-48799 Fixed: Connecting Wwise to a game while the game is playing Switch Containers can cause an unwanted transition to another Switch.
- WG-48822 Fixed: Pause in playback when looping streamed Opus voices.
- WG-48855 Fixed: Assert (AkBehavioralCtx.cpp) when running game without connecting Wwise for a long period of time.
- WG-48907 Fixed: Decoded size is incorrectly reported in the SoundBank Editor for some codecs.
- WG-48922 Fixed: (Mac Authoring) High CPU usage while idle.
- WG-48976 Fixed: iOS interrupt handler safeguard code was accidentally removed in the last minor release.
- WG-48999 Fixed: New Project dialog does not default to host's Documents directory.
WG-49017 Fixed: A null pointer for
AkMemSettingspasses validation during memory manager initialization.
- WG-49023 Fixed: In Unreal, StateGroup ID can be 0.
- WG-49072 Fixed: (WAAPI) Providing notes with call ak.wwise.core.object.create does not add the notes.
- WG-49089 Fixed: Potential array out-of-bounds access when resampling audio with an odd number of channels.
- WG-49249 Fixed: Deadlock in Wwise Authoring when performing some interactions in Wwise with a SCE Audio3d Bed Output as the primary sink.
WG-49264 Fixed: (Stadia) Possible crash in 5.1 Surround Audio channel mode when
AkPlatformInitSettings::sampleTypeis equal to
- WG-49303 Fixed: Crash in rpaligned_alloc when running out of memory while performing an allocation with alignment larger than 16 bytes.
- WG-49393 Fixed: Events differing in name by numbers with leading zeroes get only a single entry in the generated header file.
- WG-45240 Fixed: Crash when removing or moving files in the File Manager.
- WG-45734 Fixed: Crash when searching sources in the File Manager in Flat mode.
- WG-48584 Fixed: Loudness Normalization does not work with External Sources.
- WG-48625 Fixed: Crash when importing a .wav file into an Actor-Mixer by dragging the file onto the object.
- WG-48937 Fixed: (Nintendo Switch) Possible crash on connect using Target Manager connection.