Table of Contents
The following sections list and describe the changes to Wwise between version 2018.1.3 and version 2018.1.4. For earlier versions, please refer to Previous Release Notes. This release is a bug fix release, therefore projects, banks, and the API are compatible without change for all 2018.1.x versions.
||Note: Plug-in Developers This version of Wwise supports plug-ins built with Wwise 2018.1. For plug-ins built with older versions of Wwise, their developers must recompile and repackage them with a compatible version.|
- Android NDK: Updated NDK to r17c.
- Lumin SDK: Updated SDK to 0.18.0.
- Switch SDK: Updated SDK to 6.4.0.
- WG-36301 Added a new premium plug-in, Wwise SoundSeed Grain. It provides a granular synthesizer which can be added to a Wwise project. SoundSeed Grain allows you to granulate and transform audio files with extreme flexibility. See the Wwise SoundSeed Grain Help for more information.
- WG-39124 Added a new free experimental plug-in, Wwise ASIO. It uses the Steinberg Audio Stream Input/Output (ASIO) in order to connect ASIO compatible devices. See the Wwise ASIO Output and the Wwise ASIO Input Help for more information.
- WG-39329 Made audio file markers visible in the Source Editor.
- WG-40481 Added a new free experimental plug-in, Wwise Channel Router. It lets you route and mix multiple busses with different channel configurations into a single output device. See the Wwise Channel Router Help for more information.
- WG-39476 Improved performance of Xbox One XMA voices when sound engine is configured to use the task scheduler; non-XMA voices are processed in parallel first, then XMA voices are processed in parallel.
- WG-39571 (Android) Integration Demo is now a standard Gradle project that can be opened with Android Studio IDE.
WG-39757 Renamed two tabs in the Source Editor:
- General Settings renamed to Source.
- Source Settings renamed to Conversion.
- WG-40031 Added .gitignore file to the plug-in generator.
- WG-32443 Fixed: (PS4) Crash on suspend while SCE bed is running.
- WG-39022 Fixed: Crash when running Integration Demo on a Nexus 9 device.
- WG-39390 Fixed: Perforce bug where a previously deleted file will get marked for deletion after being re-added.
- WG-39857 Fixed: UI bug causing random Wwise crashes with some plug-ins, including McDSP Limiter and Futzbox.
- WG-39870 Fixed: Rare crash when moving RTPC cursor in editor.
- WG-39871 Fixed: Crash when closing Wwise twice during some lengthy processes.
- WG-39896 Fixed: Corrupted image source names are briefly displayed in AkReflect after geometry is removed.
- WG-39917 Fixed: (PS4) Motion is attenuated on PS4 controllers.
- WG-39937 Fixed: In Spatial Audio, triangles that are too large result in floating point overflow and undefined behavior.
- WG-39941 Fixed: Converting 7.1 files to Opus inverts surround and back channels.
- WG-39998 Fixed: GameProfiler3D view fails to initialize when connecting via remote desktop while project layouts are loading.
- WG-40011 Fixed: References do not show up in the Effect and Source plug-in default Property Editor.
- WG-40036 Fixed: HDR attenuation is not equal over dry and wet paths for loud sounds having auxiliary sends.
- WG-40074 Fixed: Possible stack overflow after some time when a game is generating a high amount of errors (only in Profile and Debug builds) while monitoring is unconnected.
- WG-40077 Fixed: Capture Log position indicators are not drawn if there is no row selection.
- WG-40097 Fixed: Microsoft Spatial output always selects the default device to output even when specified otherwise.
- WG-40152 Fixed: Can't connect Wwise to a console on a different subnet.
- WG-40234 Fixed: Unreliable GetPluginMedia behavior when a plug-in references more than one media item.
- WG-40330 Fixed: (PS4) Speaker configuration always 7.1.
- WG-40349 Added support for additional numerical types for custom properties. Also added a new warning for precision loss when casting a Real64 to a Real32 value and a new error for data loss when casting an int64 to an int32 value that surpasses the supported range.
- WG-40372 Fixed: Sounds with Spatialization set to None played on game objects with multiple positions in MultiSource have infinite volume.
- WG-40504 Fixed: Differences in SoundBanks due to Listener Relative Routing set by parent object.