Wwise SDK 2021.1.8
Release Notes 2017.2.7
Wwise SDK 2021.1.8
The following sections list and describe the changes to Wwise between version 2017.2.6 and version 2017.2.7. For earlier versions, please refer to Previous Release Notes. If using the online help, you can also choose a different Wwise version from the list on top of the table of contents column. This release is a bug fix release, therefore projects, banks, and the API are compatible without change for all 2017.2.x versions.
- WG-38456 Enabled partial bank backward compatibility. Starting from 2017.2.7 (and 2018.1), banks from versions that were generated from 2016.1 and after will be accepted if they were containing only media content. Note that the backward compatibility is not guaranteed if the media was plug-in media.
- WG-37346 Fixed: Wwise assert during SoundBank generation of dropped platform.
- WG-37531 Fixed: (iOS) Assert (AkSinkApple.cpp) when interrupting the sink.
- WG-38040 The orientations of the virtual positions of diffracted sound emitters are now rotated correctly with respect to the diffraction path, allowing for correct orientation of cone attenuations through Portals.
- WG-38170 Fixed: AK::SoundEngine::SetScalingFactor affects spread and focus in the inverse direction. Scaling values above 1 should make perceived distance smaller instead of larger.
- WG-38442 Fixed: Under certain rotations, the level of the U-channel of a 2nd-order ambisonic stream gets a very high volume.
- WG-38580 Fixed: A sound that is diffracted through a Portal pops instantly to 0 diffraction when the listener enters the Portal region.
- WG-38582 Fixed: Output Bus filters not bypassed if set and then unset.
- WG-38619 Fixed: Memory leak in Vorbis decoder under low memory conditions.
- WG-38654 Authoring tool crash when connected to a game and enabling HDR on a bus.
- WG-38678 Fixed: Crash in States tab context menu, "Clear States".
WG-38715 Fixed: (PS4)
AK::GetPS4OutputHandledoesn't work immediately after
- WG-38755 Fixed: States on bus's Voice Volume ignored.
- WG-38780 Fixed: Crash in the Wwise authoring tool when monitoring a game's spatial audio data and the game runs out of memory in the monitoring pool.
- WG-38783 Fixed: Out-of-memory crash in the Spatial Audio lib.
WG-38824 Fixed: Exception thrown by
AkMotionSink::Initon Xbox One.
- WG-38859 Symbols were removed from Lumin libraries in release configuration.
- WG-38904 Fixed: Crash in Game Object 3D Viewer when saving project.
- WG-38933 Fixed: NaNs introduced into the positioning system (showing up as -nan(ind) in the Obs/Occ tab) when the listener is directly in the middle of a Portal.
- WG-39020 Fixed: (iOS) Crash in some CPU starvation situation, when combined with an output change.
- See also