Table of Contents
The following sections list and describe the changes to Wwise between version 2018.1.5 and version 2018.1.6. For earlier versions, please refer to Previous Release Notes. This release is a bug fix release, therefore projects, banks, and the API are compatible without change for all 2018.1.x versions.
||Note: Plug-in Developers This version of Wwise supports plug-ins built with Wwise 2018.1. For plug-ins built with older versions of Wwise, developers must recompile and repackage them with a compatible version.|
- WG-41202 Improved Crankcase REV source plug-in to now run from 4x to 10x faster than before.
- WG-41255 Improved computation of intersections within Spatial Audio, which can substantially increase performance.
WG-39890 Spatial Audio's
AK::SpatialAudio::SetEmitterAuxSendValues()now takes the listenerID fields directly from what is passed to the function via the
AkAuxSendValuearray. Previously, the listenerID field was modified by Spatial Audio and set to the room ID of the emitter's current room, which limited flexibility. If the old behavior is desired, one must now explicitly pass in the AkRoomID (the one passed to
AK::SpatialAudio::SetGameObjectInRoom()) as the listenerID.
- WG-40964 You can now connect to a build version of a game when it doesn't have the focus.
- WG-41738 The onset detector sensitivity in the SoundSeed Grain source tab now picks up more pronounced onsets first. See the migration notes for details on how this change may move your markers during migration.
- WG-41288 Improved messaging in the Mixer Plug-in tab for non-mixing busses.
- WG-38798 Fixed: Reflect mute and solo buttons cannot be de/activated with the keyboard.
- WG-39601 Fixed: Crash when pressing Shift-Play on a Sequence Container.
WG-39859 Fixed: Issues with spread:
- Slight 3D asymmetry
- Possible divide by zero scenario
Note: The fix results in a performance improvement for 3D spatialization with non-zero spread.
- WG-39918 Fixed: Possible crash if WAAPI call is made during SoundBank generation.
- WG-39944 Fixed: Opus encoder downmixes a 5.1.2 channel source to 5.1.
- WG-40168 Fixed: (Windows 7) Secondary outputs targeting different audio devices are erroneously played through the default device using XAudio2.
- WG-40248 Fixed: In Spatial Audio, if the position of an emitter game object is set only at the beginning of play, the send volume to the Reflect plug-in can sometimes receive incorrect values and, in some cases, be inaudible.
WG-40358 Fixed: Crash when deleting a Music Segment in Wwise while running a WAAPI script that listens to the
ak.wwise.core.preDeletedtopic with the
- WG-40367 Fixed: Sounds played back via a Sequence Container or Random Container, with an active Transition set to "Trigger Rate" and utilizing a positioning path provided by 3D Position Automation, always go on a new path when they start.
- WG-40392 Fixed: Profiling with "Follow Capture Time" does not scroll Capture Log to last item.
WG-40550 Fixed: (Windows)
AK::GetDeviceIDFromNamefails if called before sound engine initialization.
- WG-40858 Fixed: (Android) Crash when number of samples per frame setting initialized to 1008.
- WG-40933 Fixed: Possible crash if SoundSeed Grain has low emission rates and changing speeds, when using ADPCM files.
- WG-41024 Fixed: Audio generates high-pitched static or erroneously mutes when applying a high-pass or low-pass filter to a non-monaural sound that is played back on an Audio Bus which has a Mixer Plug-in specified.
- WG-41029 Fixed: Sound with muted output bus but audible aux sends is incorrectly virtualized on initialization.
- WG-41048 Fixed: Show in Multi Editor does not show the right objects after selecting objects in the SoundBank Editor.
- WG-41057 Fixed: (WAAPI) Invalid JSON returned for unsupported floating-point values.
- WG-41072 Fixed: Mute and Solo buttons in Voice Monitor and Advanced Profiler are unresponsive or do not appear properly, when connected to a target that references Wwise Objects that have been deleted from the project.
- WG-41108 Fixed: (iOS) Suspending and resuming iOS apps prevents apps from being discovered as a Remote Connection target.
- WG-41179 Fixed: SoundSeed Grain draws grains incorrectly when the converted sample rate and input sample rate are different.
- WG-41244 Fixed: Crash when copy-pasting an instance of SoundSeed Grain.
- WG-41260 Fixed: Shift-playing a sound in Transport Control incorrectly reacts to RTPC changes.
- WG-41306 Fixed: Sounds played back with abnormally high pitches can cause infinite loops in the sound engine, resulting in a software hang.
- WG-41336 Fixed: Non-mixing busses do not transition correctly on State changes affecting Output Bus LPF/HPF.
- WG-41371 Fixed: 3D Spatialization of ambisonic sources does not work in SoundSeed Grain.
- WG-41402 Fixed: Crash when importing models in Crankcase REV.
- WG-41424 Fixed: Memory leak in Wwise Authoring when doing some operations in List View and SoundBank Manager.
- WG-41453 Fixed: Using NTFS compression on a Wwise project folder will no longer trigger a project reload warning when saving.
- WG-41494 Fixed: Crash when clicking on a new object in the Contents Editor.
- WG-41497 Fixed: Memory corruption issue, which could crash Wwise authoring when inspecting new Modulator RTPC objects.
- WG-41538 Fixed: Crash when deleting a Switch Container's child object that is currently loaded in the Property Editor.
- WG-41571 Fixed: The Voice Monitor's voices list does not update with graph's voice selection.
PostMIDIOnEventkeeps lock on game objects.
- WG-41747 Fixed: (PS4) Crash on the game side when connecting Wwise to a game which is using the SceAudo3dMixer plug-in.
WG-41931 Fixed: (WAAPI) SampleClient's
TestCustomCommandsdoes not work.