Table of Contents
The following sections list and describe the changes to Wwise between version 2019.1.1 and version 2019.1.2. For earlier versions, please refer to Previous Release Notes.
- Windows: Updated Visual Studio 2017 to version 15.9.12.
- Xbox One XDK: Updated XDK to 10.0.17134.5046 (July 2018 qfe4).
- UWP_vc150: Now using Windows SDK 10.0.17763.0, and added support for ARM64.
- Magic Leap: Upgraded SDK to version 0.21.0.
- Switch SDK: Updated to 8.2.0.
- WG-40496 WAAPI: When more than one Sound Engine instance is running on a host, it is now possible to specify which instance to connect to when using ak.wwise.core.remote.connect.
- WG-42896 iZotope plug-ins are now available on Android, iOS and MAC.
- WG-43219 Add an "Any" platform acceptable in plug-in definition file.
- WG-43686 Fixed performance issue in the Master Mixer View when connecting to a game with a large bus hierarchy.
- WG-42861 Removed all references to AK::SoundEngine::AddSecondaryOutput() from the sound engine and documentation.
- WG-41746 Added voice and music track icons to the voice list of the Voice Inspector View.
- WG-40466 Fixed: (Switch) Wwise Motion plug-in crash on device disconnection.
- WG-40897 Fixed: Sorting in the Multi Editor via the Value column.
- WG-41506 Fixed: Auto-scroll won't stop when dragging a rectangle in the Project Explorer.
- WG-41796 Fixed: Opus incorrectly converts 1.1 channel source to stereo under certain conditions.
- WG-42339 Fixed: Attenuation volume sticks to current value when a sound's attenuation is disabled via RTPC while playing, instead of resetting to 0dB.
WG-42340 Fixed: Soundbanks containing CrankCaseAudio REV data were sometimes not binary identical at each generation.
Fixed: Overall stability fixes.
- WG-42436 Fixed: Missing unregistration to a global callback that could lead to errors when re initializing the sound engine twice.
- WG-42488 Fixed: (UWP) Gamepad vibration would persist for several seconds after Motion output was removed.
- WG-42510 Fixed: Rare occurrence of Debug Assert in AkMidiCtx.cpp.
- WG-42525 Fixed: (macOS) Audio loss when another application acquires Bluetooth audio input.
- WG-42769 Fixed: Auxiliary send values reported by the voice inspector for the same auxiliary bus object with two different listeners.
- WG-42992 Fixed: (Magic Leap) Opus codec and Granular Synth plug-in were erroneously reported unavailable by Wwise.
- WG-43025 Fixed: Microsoft Spatial Sound Platform output plug-in causes audio crackling if output device is not configured to be 48 kHz.
- WG-43064 Fixed: Wwise freezes on AAC conversion.
- WG-43083 Fixed: For a continuous Blend Container where a sound was active in multiple zones of the same Blend Track, the sound was also considered active in between the zones.
- WG-43113 Fixed: Crash when loading project with invalid Music Switch Container or Dialogue Event arguments.
WG-43146 Fixed: Microsoft Spatial Sound Platform Output plugin caused audio crackling if audio thread was not pumped at a regular rate.
Fixed: Audio from Microsoft Spatial Sound Platform Output plugin was not routed to the correct output device.
- WG-43149 Fixed: Crash when connecting to a game during playback of a Random Container with trigger rate and 3D paths enabled.
WG-43172 Fixed: When the listener in Spatial Audio is changed via
AK::SpatialAudio::RegisterListener(), existing rooms are not updated to send to the new listener.
- WG-43230 Fixed: (PS4) Deadlock in the SCE Audio 3D Object Panner plug-in.
- WG-43238 Fixed: Custom Attenuation loses its owner (Used By field in the Attenuation Editor).
- WG-43265 Fixed: Import dialog limiting the number of imported files on Mac.
- WG-43271 Fixed: Division by zero in Crankcase REV causing an infinite loop.
- WG-43315 Fixed: When using the Advanced Profiler in tab split, the right or bottom panel did not always update when changing the cursor position.
- WG-43336 Fixed: Rare crash while generating banks.
- WG-43350 Fixed: Rendered Effects are instantiated in the sound engine when Wwise is connected.
- WG-43368 Fixed: Crash in Izotope Trash Box effect when the engine is using a number of sample per buffer that is not a power of two.
- WG-43404 Fixed: WwiseCLI could suffer significant performance degradation (startup time) when starting several instances at the same time.
- WG-43412 Fixed: Effects were not rendered if there was a State Group controlling either the Bypass Effect x or Bypass All, or one of the Effect's properties.
- WG-43426 Fixed: Collapsing selected items in Contents Editor while Multi-Editor is open was taking too long.
- WG-43438 Fixed: Plug-ins generated with wp.py cannot build when located on a different drive than WWISEROOT%.
- WG-43440 Fixed: The "None" part of a Path in an Interactive Music Switch Container is incorrectly interpreted as a wildcard ("*"). Important note: SoundBanks must be re-generated to fix the issue.
- WG-43459 Fixed: Occasional crash when editing events that contain Post Event actions.
- WG-43480 Fixed: Severe delay when connecting to a game with a large bus hierarchy.
- WG-43496 Fixed: Assert when adding or removing output devices.
- WG-43528 Fixed: Help was not displayed for effect and source plug-ins.
- WG-43545 Fixed: Crash when loading a 2019.1 project that has Motion in it, with a Wwise installation that doesn't have the Motion plug-in.
- WG-43550 Fixed: Some UI elements were not updating on changes of State Group assignment.
- WG-43555 Fixed: Rare memory leak and assert in sound engine.
- WG-43586 Fixed: Project change notifications are not always shown when doing file operations outside of Wwise.
- WG-43600 Fixed: States are not applied to "Enable Attenuation" on playback.
- WG-43683 Fixed: Rare debug assert when playing a MIDI music clip.
- WG-43814 Fixed wrong application of static values in-game on Exclusive RTPCs upon Wwise connection.
- WG-43956 Fixed: Multiple Asserts when adding a new platform by copying settings from another one.
- WG-43522 (Linux) PulseAudio is now the default System Sink on Linux.
- See also: