Wwise Unreal Integration Documentation
Each version of this integration matches a specific build of Unreal Engine. Here is what has changed in the 2021.1.10.7883.2350 release of the integration (in addition to upgrading to the new Unreal build).
This integration does not support experimental Unreal Engine features.
This integration was compiled against Unreal Engine versions 4.26, 4.27, and 5.0. It was tested against Unreal Engine 4.27.2 and 5.0.2. Any major Unreal Engine version more recent than the aforementioned is not currently supported, but will be in a subsequent patch release.
For earlier versions, please refer to Previous Release Notes.
- WG-57180 Improved performance of Unreal integration API by optimizing AkComponent.h code.
- WG-59977 Optimized the code to convert Static Mesh components' Simple Collision meshes to Spatial Audio Geometry.
- WG-60030 Fixed: In UE5, newly created Ak Actors have generic names when profiling in editor.
- WG-60291 Fixed: Crash in Unreal when joining vertices of a Spatial Audio Volume in Brush Editing mode.
- WG-60292 Fixed: All SAVs of the Spatial Audio Tutorial Map have acoustic textures set to None.
- WG-60331 Fix: Unreal crash during garbage collection after adding an Ak Late Reverb component to the Static Mesh component.
SetGameObjectRadiusAPI call does not return its Game Object ID.
SetGameObjectInRoomare called in every frame during Unreal game inactivity.
- WG-60626 Fixed: Unnecessary "Could not unload media" errors in log when shutting down Unreal Editor.
- WG-60744 Fixed: Crash possible when switching levels and closing the game.
- WG-55309 Fixed: If Wwise assets are created while the Unreal editor is closed, and is then opened, Unreal creates the assets but does not automatically add them to source control.
- WG-56694 Fixed: Crash when first opening a project after upgrading Wwise.
- WG-57295 Fixed: Crash in Unreal Editor when generating SoundBanks with WAAPI.
- WG-57514 Fixed: Strings are not converted correctly when running AddressSanitizer.
- WG-58812 Fixed: All Spatial Audio Rooms are updated when a Portal is unregistered from the scene.
- WG-60364 Fixed: Destroying a media asset that has not finished loading can block the game or render thread.
- WG-60527 Fixed: Crash when unable to allocate media memory.
- WG-60592 Fixed: Crash when using Modulators that use RTPCs bound to built-in properties.
- WG-60619 Fixed: Compile problem when Chaos physics is enabled in UE 4.27.
- WG-60820 Fixed: Unreal Culture to Wwise Culture mapping in Wwise settings is cleared when the Wwise Project Info cannot be found.
- WG-60864 Fixed: Pausing the Sequencer does not pause sounds
- WG-61029 Fixed: "Skipping media load" log spam when running the editor in dedicated server mode.