Table of Contents
Ensure you are logged in if you are a licensed user for specific platforms.
Wwise Unreal Integration Documentation
Each version of this integration matches a specific build of Unreal Engine 4. Here is what has changed in the 2021.1.1.7601.1995 release of the integration (in addition to upgrading to the new Unreal build).
This integration does not support experimental Unreal Engine 4 features.
This integration compiles against Unreal Engine versions 4.23 and up, but was only tested against Unreal Engine 4.26.
Platform-specific information can be found here:
For earlier versions, please refer to Previous Release Notes.
- WG-53145 Separated 'Geometry Settings' from 'Geometry Surfaces' in the Spatial Audio Volume details panel.
- WG-50934 Fixed: Potential crash when unloading banks in AkBankManager.
- WG-51387 Fixed: Crash when generating Sound Data after the InitBank asset has been reloaded.
- WG-53164 Fixed: AkRoomComponents with IsEnabled set to false cannot be enabled during runtime.
- WG-53257 Fixed: CPU Limit value in Integrations is not clamped
- WG-53440 Fixed: Enable Surface Reflectors check box has no effect during Play in Editor.
- WG-53456 Fixed: Unreal error when creating assets in Wwise that have the same name as their containing folder or Work Unit. This fix will rename existing hidden folder metadata uassets to add the "_FOLDER" suffix to their name.
- WG-53589 Fixed: Editor property changed notifications are missing for AkLateReverbComponents and AkGeometryComponents.
- WG-53604 Fixed: Handling of UPROPERTY changes in Blueprint-created Components.
WG-53645 Fixed: Relative paths to
Wwise.appare reported as invalid in the Wwise User Settings.
- WG-53803 Fixed: Split Switch Container Media feature not working.
- WG-53984 Fixed: Crash when adding an AkRoomComponent to an actor from the level editor.
- WG-54031 Fixed: Aux Bus is non-editable for AkLateReverbComponents added to a custom Blueprint with Auto-Assign Aux Bus default to true, where Auto-Assign Aux Bus has been changed in the details panel in the level editor.
- WG-54088 Fixed: AkLateReverbComponent user-assigned aux bus not restored when auto-assign aux bus is disabled in Blueprint-added components.
- WG-54244 Fixed: Missing media in packaged game when using switch containers. This fix will modify all media assets.
- WG-51186 Fixed: Crash when asynchronously unloading and immediately reloading a SoundBank that is in use.
- WG-53031 Fixed: Possible crash with Event-Based Packaging when unloading a level while a Convolution Reverb is in its tail mode.
- WG-53340 Fixed: When not using Event-Based Packaging, events are not being dirtied if their metadata changes.
- WG-53585 Fixed: Not waiting on all parse tasks to finish before moving on to cooking media during SoundBank generation.
- WG-53707 Fixed: The list of Linked Ak Events in required banks doesn't clear entries when Event assets are deleted.
- WG-53789 - Fixed: Frame drop in UAkAudioEvent::IsReadyForFinishDestroy() while AkAudioEvents are being destroyed.
FAkAudioStyle::TextMaterialcan be deleted by the garbage collector in the Unreal Editor resulting in a crash.
- WG-53947 Fixed: SoundBanks containing only an AuxBus are not generated unless Event-Based Packaging is used.
- WG-54072 Fixed: (Spatial Audio) The Room/Portal traversal algorithm may generate paths that loop back through the listener's room. These paths are inaudible but may result in a performance hit when tying to compute them.
- WG-54076 Fixed: Crash during Sound Data generation caused by game thread code being executed in an asynchronous task.
- WG-54116 Fixed: Crash when using the Editor in debug when generating Sound Data.
Generated by 1.8.20