Table of Contents
Wwise Unity Integration Documentation
Changes to your Unity Project
The installation process changed your Unity project:
- It enabled the "Disable Audio" option in "Edit > Project Settings… > Audio". This disables the built-in audio system.
- If you enabled the "Create WwiseGlobal GameObject" Wwise Setting, it created a game object named "Wwise Global" in the current scene. The WwiseGlobal object is a GameObject that contains the Initializing and Terminating scripts for the Wwise Sound Engine. In the Editor workflow, it is added to every scene, so that it can be properly previewed in the Editor. In the game, only one instance is created, in the first scene, and it is persisted throughout the game. There are a few customizable options in the initializer script. The WwiseGlobal object is also given AkEditorEventPlayer, AkAudioListener, and AkGameObj scripts, which are used for previewing AkEvent objects in edit mode. A Rigidbody component is added such that interactions between AkEnvironment, AkRoom, and AkGameObj can also be previewed.
- It enabled the "Script Execution Order" for sensitive Wwise scripts (AkInitializer, AkGameObj, AkAudioListener, and AkBank).
- If you enabled the "Add Ak Listener to Main Camera" check box, it removed the Audio Listener component from the Main Camera object and set the default AkAudioListener.cs script set on the Main Camera object.
- It enabled the "Run in Background" option (Edit > Project Settings > Player > Resolution and Presentation), which allows you to connect the Wwise Profiler.
Generated on Mon Aug 17 2020 13:15:36 for Wwise Unity Integration Documentation by 1.8.17