Game Multimedia Engine (GME) is a game cloud service by Tencent Cloud, which provides high-quality, cost-efficient and scalable in-game voice communication services for game developers. An end-to-end service that is easy to integrate, GME allows developers to enhance real-time multiplayer experiences so that players can instantly connect with each other around the globe.
In-game Voice Chat Adapted to various game scenarios
- Team Voice Mode: Multiple users can speak at the same time with ultra-low latency, which is suitable for multiplayer squad and competitive games.
- Casual Voice Mode: A high-quality voice chatting experience, suitable for live broadcasting in games, table games, board games, and other social games.
3D Positional Voice Chats
- Player voices can be treated with real-time DSP effects. A common approach is to let players select what kind of sound treatment they prefer applied to their voices, however real-time DSP effects can also be used to modify player voices based on gameplay situations.
- Environmental reverb can be processed for each player independently, allowing players to discern the locations where their teammates are chatting from.
Cross-Platform and ease to use
- Enables voice communication across different platforms.
- Easy to use and can be integrated in 1-2 days.
- Fully managed service that is scalable according to the number of concurrent players.
You can choose between two GME pricing models: per Minute or per PCU (Peak Concurrent Users). Upon the addition of GME to your Wwise license, your project leader will have the ability to monitor usage and cost. Changing pricing models to accommodate your project milestones will be possible by accessing your Project page via your Audiokinetic account.
Per Minute Pricing Model
We recommend the per Minute pricing model for games in development as the first 10,000 minutes per month are free, and then changing to the per PCU pricing model upon release. Note that this pricing model may also be advantageous for games during a soft launch with a low user base.
- Per Minute
- Usage below 10,000 Minutes
- Usage above 10,000 Minutes
- Monthly Fee (US$)
- 0.00094$ per minute
Per PCU Pricing Model
We recommend the per PCU pricing model for most released games and especially games with a significant user base.
- Per PCU
- 1 - 5,000 PCU
- 5,001 - 50,000 for every 5,000 PCU
- 50,001 - 100,000 for every 5,000 PCU
- 100,001 - 300,000 for every 5,000 PCU
- 300,001+ for every 5,000 PCU
Versions & platforms
This plug-in is compatible with the following Wwise versions: 2018.1 to 2019.2
This plug-in runs on the following platforms.