Already have Wwise Installed?
Try out all plug-ins free of charge!
In order to try out this plug-in, you must download it from Audiokinetic’s website, then install it from the Wwise Launcher.
Multiple versions of this plug-in exist. Select the version compatible with your installed version of Wwise, then Download and follow the installation instructions below.
- STEP 1: Open the Wwise Launcher and go to the PLUG-INS tab. Under INSTALL NEW PLUG-INS section, select Add from directory then Add from archive.
- STEP 2: Locate your downloaded archive and select it. The Launcher will then proceed to extract the plug-in. You are now ready to use your plug-in within Wwise!
Using Unity ?
- STEP 4: Navigate to your Wwise installation folder. Under the SDK folder, navigate to \x64_vc120\Profile\bin. Locate the file named YourPlugin.dll, and copy it.
- STEP 5: Inside your Unity project folder, navigate to Assets/Wwise/Deployment/Plugins/Your_Platform/DSP. Paste the file copied in step 1.
- STEP 6: Repeat steps 1 and 2 for each platform your game supports.
Using Unreal ?
- STEP 4: Inside your Unreal Engine 4 project folder, navigate to Plugins/Wwise/ThirdParty
- STEP 5: In a separate window, locate your downloaded archive and open it
- STEP 6: From the archive, extract the contents of <Archive>/MyPlugin_Wwise20XX.Y/SDK.zip/SDK to the ThirdParty folder from step 1.
- STEP 7: From the archive, extract the contents of <Archive>/MyPlugin_Wwise20XX.Y/YourPlatform.zip/SDK to the ThirdParty folder from step 1
- STEP 8: Repeat step 4 for all platform your game supports
- STEP 9: In a text editor, open <Unreal Project>/Plugins/Wwise/Source/AkAudio/Private/AkAudioDevice.cpp
- STEP 10: Locate this line:
// Register plugins that are static linked in this DLL.
Under it, add the following line:
- STEP 11: Recompile your game