Game Multimedia Engine (GME) is a game cloud service by Tencent Cloud, which provides high-quality, cost-efficient and scalable in-game voice communication services for game developers. An end-to-end service that is easy to integrate, GME allows developers to enhance real-time multiplayer experiences so that players can instantly connect with each other around the globe.
3D Positional Voice Chats
- Virtually reproduce original game sound images in a 3D space, so that game players can hear each other based on their relative locations in the game, offering an immersive and realistic gaming experience.
Ultimate Gaming Sound Effect
- Deep integration with Wwise ingeniously solves the problem where background sound effects are lost when in-game voice is enabled.
- GME can reduce the voice latency to 200 ms and ensure smooth communication, even in weak network environments with over 70% packet loss and 1,500 ms network jitter.
Comprehensive Game Voice Services
- GME can Implement voice chat between two or more players and support ultralarge voice chat rooms with up to 100,000 members.
- Leverage the Wwise audio pipeline by adding creative effects (e.g. voice changing, reverberation, etc.) to the voice using plug-ins from Wwise or its plug-in partners.
Cross-Platform Compatibility and Cost-Effective Access
- GME supports cross-platform communication of mobile games, console games and browser games, and can be used for all iOS devices and over 20,000 models of Android devices.
- Easy-to-use and the voice chat capability can be integrated using a minimum of four API calls.
- Fully managed service that is scalable according to the number of concurrent players.
Versions & platforms
This plug-in is compatible with the following Wwise versions: 2019.2 to 2021.1
This plug-in runs on the following platforms.