Community Q&A

Where Wwise users help each other out!

Audiokinetic's Community Q&A is the forum where Wwise users ask and answer questions within the Wwise community. If you would like to get an answer from Audiokinetic's Technical support team, make sure you use the Support Tickets page.

Bank Load Failed(Object: -1) - How to troubleshoot?

+1 vote

Ì've been working on a project for some months now (Unity integration) until suddenly my soundbank doesn't load anymore. I get this warning: WwiseUnity: "Bank Main failed to load (AK_Fail)" followed by the error message in the title of this question on console. I can't find anything specific that would indicate where the problem is. I've tried copying my soundbanks to various folders to no avail, and like I said I had it all working before already. I suspect that changing my wwise project folder form google drive to dropbox might have something to do with this, but I've already tried to delete all my local Unity project folders, pull a fresh copy from our git repo, apply wwise integration and still I can't load the freshly generated soundbank.

How would I go about finding where the problem is? How do I find out if the files are just in a wrong directory or if the soundbanks are corrupted somehow or what is behind this?

Using Unity 5.5.2f1 and Wwise 2016.1.3.

asked Mar 19, 2017 in General Discussion by Simo S. (190 points)
If I go to playmode after installing wwise integration and not generating soundbanks: AK_FileNotFound, and a notice that tells which folder wwise is looking to find the banks.

After generating soundbanks: AK_Fail, as stated in the original question above.

Getting a different error tells me that wwise sure finds my soundbank, but fails to load it for some unknown reason, which is not specified or hinted at in Unity console.

Does anyone know what (Object: -1) error code means? What steps could I take to hone in on the root of this problem?

I've wrestled with this for three days and deadline is coming in seven days. Please. Somebody.
Here is what the profiler log has to say when trying to load a soundbank while connected to the authoring tool:
Bank "Bank load request received (from Main.bnk)"
Error "Bank load failed"
Bank "Bank load failed (from Main)"
I've isolated the problem now to certain events that cause the bank load to fail if they are included in it. First I thought it had to do with a RTPC that was in use by those events and no others. This turned out to not be the case, as after removing (presumably) all modulation by that RTPC the events still prevent the bank from loading. I'll continue to investigate.

1 Answer

+1 vote
Reinstalling the Wwise integration plugin had fixed this issue for me on one of my projects. Let me know if it works!
answered Mar 21, 2017 by Deepak Chennakkadan (1,840 points)