Load a bank synchronously (from in-memory data, out-of-place).
NOTE: Banks loaded from in-memory with out-of-place data must be unloaded using the standard UnloadBank function (with no memory pointer). Make sure you are using the correct UnloadBank(...) overload
Use this overload when you want to manage I/O on your side. Load the bank file in a buffer and pass its address to the sound engine, the media section of the bank will be copied into the specified memory pool. In-memory loading is out-of-place: the buffer can be release as soon as the function returns. The advantage of using this over the in-place version is that there is no duplication of bank structures. A bank load request will be posted, and consumed by the Bank Manager thread. The function returns when the request has been completely processed.
- The bank ID, which is stored in the first few bytes of the bank file. You may use this ID with UnloadBank().
- AK_Success: Load or unload successful.
- AK_InsufficientMemory: Insufficient memory to store bank data.
- AK_BankReadError: I/O error.
- AK_WrongBankVersion: Invalid bank version: make sure the version of Wwise that you used to generate the SoundBanks matches that of the SDK you are currently using.
- AK_InvalidFile: File specified could not be opened.
- AK_InvalidParameter: Invalid parameter, invalid memory alignment.
- AK_Fail: Load or unload failed for any other reason. (Most likely small allocation failure)
- See also:
||Pointer to the in-memory bank to load (pointer is not stored in sound engine, memory can be released after return)
||Size of the in-memory bank to load
||Memory pool to copy the media section of the bank to (the pool is created if AK_DEFAULT_POOL_ID is passed).
||Returned bank ID