Load a bank synchronously.
The bank name is passed to the Stream Manager. Refer to General Information for a discussion on using strings and IDs. You can specify a custom pool for storage of media, the engine will create a new pool if AK_DEFAULT_POOL_ID is passed. A bank load request will be posted, and consumed by the Bank Manager thread. The function returns when the request has been completely processed.
- The bank ID, which is obtained by hashing the bank name (see GetIDFromString()). You may use this ID with UnloadBank().
- AK_Success: Load or unload successful.
- AK_InsufficientMemory: Insufficient memory to store bank data.
- AK_BankReadError: I/O error.
- AK_WrongBankVersion: Invalid bank version: make sure the version of Wwise that you used to generate the SoundBanks matches that of the SDK you are currently using.
- AK_InvalidFile: File specified could not be opened.
- AK_InvalidParameter: Invalid parameter, invalid memory alignment.
- AK_Fail: Load or unload failed for any other reason. (Most likely small allocation failure)
- See also:
||Name of the bank to load
||Memory pool ID (the pool is created if AK_DEFAULT_POOL_ID is passed)
||Returned bank ID